The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 PM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I need your help. My wife is going to kill me.

You buy me an Abel Super 5N in Olive and I will vote for you.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Ben: It has been almost 18 months since you joined the forum, yet you have never participated at all......you should get ready for the wife to give you a good old fashioned beating on your next fly rod purchase!
I feel the same way Dave does, no vote from me either, sorry.
Larry you just made my night....thanks for the good laugh.
On another note; I agree with everyone on this issue.....NO VOTE!!!

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 02-06-2013, 10:25 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
no wife = fun everyday !!!!!!
Something to that; looking back I can't think of a single time my Yellow Lab Sandy has ever said 'Hurrmph,' or word(s) to that effect. His greatest demand is another Costco Dog Cookie.

There, he can communicate with total clarity. At the moment he's flaked out on top of 'our bed' with his head on the other pillow.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 PM

rubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I still can't figure out the frame and float system for that sofa. Where do you mount the trolling motor?
on the arm of your favorite seating spot.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 PM

frogg will become famous soon enoughfrogg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
...instead of turning it into 6 or 8 pages of joke.
3-5 pages to go!...

Chris
Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, dont vote for people I don't know, but will pass on this tidbit, my wife was of a similar mindset at one point.

I got around this by garage sales and craigslist - instead of buying new rods I started looking for them when I went "treasure hunting" adn find rods for anywhere from $5 to $25 (depending on how good they were) or I would barter for them on CL for zero dollars out of pocket.

Being mechanically inclined, I have flipped a few projects now, motorcycles, boat motors, etc, for way more than I had in them, and have used that money to get what I wanted including a decent dirt bike for my son, one for me, a couple boats, a few antique boat motors, fly rods, waders, even things that go bang.

It wasnt that she didn't want me having fly rods, she just didn't want me spending a couple hundred at a pop to get one, so now I have projects to keep me busy, a quiver of fly rods, a few vices, a bamboo wall hanger that looks good over my desk and is still fishable, etc.

Just a thought on a way to get a rod or two without forking out big bucks. I have learned over the years that just cuz it is last years (or last decades) rod or reel doesn't prevent it from catching fish, and old fiberglass fly rods can be had for a song at garage sales like $5 to $10 bucks.

d
imxer and mcnerney like this.

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

I think maybe you guys are being a little too harsh. Some guys are just quiet and don't talk as much. It's not as though our new friend just joined the forum. He's been here for awhile, and was genuine in his request. I liked the story he wrote to accompany it. Maybe if we treated him nicer he would participate more on the forum. What if we made a deal that we'd vote for him if he would commit to being more active? That seems like a fair trade, right?

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Voted. Good luck man! Welcome to the forum. I look forward to getting to know you more.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Ummm, pics of the wife, please. This will decide if I vote for you or assist her in your beating....LOL
Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 AM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbchilton View Post
I think maybe you guys are being a little too harsh. Some guys are just quiet and don't talk as much. It's not as though our new friend just joined the forum. He's been here for awhile, and was genuine in his request. I liked the story he wrote to accompany it. Maybe if we treated him nicer he would participate more on the forum. What if we made a deal that we'd vote for him if he would commit to being more active? That seems like a fair trade, right?

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Voted. Good luck man! Welcome to the forum. I look forward to getting to know you more.
Very reasonable post. Ben is a cool guy who is on some local fly fishing forums and has done me a favor or two in the past. Not to mention that there is no point in beating a dead horse when he already mentioned that he got the point. I'd like to see the two rods go to Eunan and Ben.

Last edited by newby; 02-07-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:31 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Something to that; looking back I can't think of a single time my Yellow Lab Sandy has ever said 'Hurrmph,' or word(s) to that effect. His greatest demand is another Costco Dog Cookie.

There, he can communicate with total clarity. At the moment he's flaked out on top of 'our bed' with his head on the other pillow.

yeah i hear ya, black Lab at my feet now, waiting till I get done at the desk so we can play...Wifey would say "now that you are done playing get off that chair and fix that closet door" @$^&(( to something of that degree. yep a dog is best !!!
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..