The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 01:37 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I need your help. My wife is going to kill me.

I don't think anyone is beating a dead horse at this point. The thread was done so someone decided to make a joke about a past thread and it continued from there. All fun and games, no harm done I don't think.

Imagine if all conversations in person were forced to stay on topic? That would make for some boring ones to say the least.

It is winter so a lot of people aren't fishing right now, at least not as much as usual so forums are a great place to blow some steam and joke around with "the guys", I don't think anyone means anything negative by it.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:39 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Just shoot the wife and go fishin !
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 02-07-2013, 01:50 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
I don't think anyone is beating a dead horse at this point. The thread was done so someone decided to make a joke about a past thread and it continued from there. All fun and games, no harm done I don't think.

Imagine if all conversations in person were forced to stay on topic? That would make for some boring ones to say the least.

It is winter so a lot of people aren't fishing right now, at least not as much as usual so forums are a great place to blow some steam and joke around with "the guys", I don't think anyone means anything negative by it.
I was just referring to all of the "I'm not going to vote for you" posts, not the fun and games, which I appreciate. If you don't vote for someone that is your business, but no need to keep bringing it up.

I enjoy the off-topic banter.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

Ah, ok.

I am fortunate, since my wife fly fishes as well, she understands my "need" for different kinds of rods so she has no problem. Not that she would even if she didn't fish.

Do you have any idea how amazing it is to hear "I can not wait to spend my income taxes on fly fishing gear." from your wife? Words can not describe it! lol
fysh, mcnerney, caseywise and 1 others like this.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Being 17, all I have to deal with is getting the funds, then I can spend them any which way I please. No one else gets why I need another fly rod. I try to tell them "I only have four, and you use them for different things." Usually doesn't help very much. At least I don't get judged on sites like these .
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I feel your pain, Ben. I get the same attitudes from some on the duck forums. I just ain't got much to say there.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 02-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
Ah, ok.

I am fortunate, since my wife fly fishes as well, she understands my "need" for different kinds of rods so she has no problem. Not that she would even if she didn't fish.

Do you have any idea how amazing it is to hear "I can not wait to spend my income taxes on fly fishing gear." from your wife? Words can not describe it! lol

You, I and a few others around here must be really fortunate to have such great woman in our lives, my wife is the best friend I've ever had.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysh View Post
You, I and a few others around here must be really fortunate to have such great woman in our lives, my wife is the best friend I've ever had.
x2. My wife doesn't fish much but she's great and understands it's something I really enjoy doing. Having a family restricts my time on the water a bit but has benefits I wouldn't trade to be single again no matter how much time I'd get to fish. Nothing tops watching my daughter grow up nor anticipating my second daughter's birth
fysh, mcnerney, caseywise and 2 others like this.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:21 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Cant remember who said it, but this thread made me thing of the old quote....

"My biggest fear is when I die my wife is gonna sell my fly fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

d
mcnerney likes this.

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold

Holy cow...it has been a little while since I posted, too! I also have not had much to say. Work has been a hassle for the past few months and have had little time to post, let alone tie or fish!

Guess I need to start posting again. I understand both points of view!

So, to ask a question............I am looking for a really cheap rod that is sort of short so I can use it on some smallish streams with a lot of brush around it. And I have had an itching to try bamboo but it is hard to eat filet on a hamburger budget. I heard fiberglass mimics bamboo a lot more than graphite. Is this rod at least worth $25?

Fenwick graphite 7.5ft Fly rod

Or should I simply go for a new, cheap yellow one?

Fly Rods | Eagle Claw