The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 09:38 AM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I need your help. My wife is going to kill me.

Busbus, that one for $35 is a 6wt. That is a little heavy for small streams in my opinion. I use a 2wt. You can get the Echo Carbon and Redington CT right now for around $90. The Echo is an awesome rod and normally $169. I paid full price for mine and would still love it if I paid more than I did.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:19 PM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold

I like the Echo Carbon. I have not tried the Redington but I hear it is a nice rod.

Arrrgghhh!!!!!!! I need to see if i can steal from Peter to give to Paul. I really want another rod but I can't afford it. Plus if I go to a 2 or 3 wt, I will need a new reel and new line. I was trying to stay with something that would allow me to use an el cheapo 6 wt reel somebody gave me (with terrible line) or use my 5 wt Battenkill I already have.

I seriously cannot wait until my kids are out of college.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 PM

horseman_37601 will become famous soon enough

hello--
wow--tough crowd, i am usually on this forum 2 or 3 times a week. enjoy it a great deal. i dont post often, as most people on here are much more experienced than i. however, i am a member, and love the info i receive-
just my 2 cents-

"the ox is slow, but the earth is patience"
Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman_37601 View Post
hello--
wow--tough crowd, i am usually on this forum 2 or 3 times a week. enjoy it a great deal. i dont post often, as most people on here are much more experienced than i. however, i am a member, and love the info i receive-
just my 2 cents-
Honestly the people on this forum are far from tough! They just tell it like it is and in my opinion they do it with respect and dignity ! Go browse some of the other forums that allow people to curse guys out and seriously belittle them . That's one of the reasons I like this forum for it's straight forwardness and non abusive ways . Sure we joke around occasionally but no one is ever really hard on anyone . You have to be real thin skinned to call these guys tough!
And you have 30 posts since October which means your not just browsing but participating. The poster in question has 5 in 18 months! Big difference!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-08-2013, 08:39 PM

lacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nice

I learned a while ago that, when it comes to cars, skiing and fishing, SWMBO gets the new stuff first. It's a heckuva lot easier then to buy something new for me .

FWIW.

Bob
Old 02-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
Ah, ok.

I am fortunate, since my wife fly fishes as well, she understands my "need" for different kinds of rods so she has no problem. Not that she would even if she didn't fish.

Do you have any idea how amazing it is to hear "I can not wait to spend my income taxes on fly fishing gear." from your wife? Words can not describe it! lol
would you like to buy a hardy bougle 3" with o ring only 10 ever made.......
Old 02-09-2013, 05:33 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

you always need MMDNA !! I bet she has MDDNA !
Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 AM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzor View Post
would you like to buy a hardy bougle 3" with o ring only 10 ever made.......
If I fished bamboo rods, that is probably the reel I would want on it.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:28 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

+1 on MMDNA, funny story, other day had only $10 in the wallet, but saw a good deal on some dirt bike gear for the kid on CL, was gonna run over and give the guy $10 bucks to hold it then run to the store or bank to get the balance. Momma says I got some cash, and hands me 3 $20s, not sure how much more she had, but it was definately MDDNA cuz she got it out of her work backpack, not here wallet

I don't intentionally hide money from here, i just don't always tell here I have it, seems she has learned this old dogs tricks.....

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.