The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 AM

arizona wanderings is on a distinguished road
Default I need your help. My wife is going to kill me.

Click the image to open in full size.

I need your help. My wife says she'll kill me if I buy another fly rod. But I'm in the Fiberglass Manifesto Spotting finals for the photo above, so I have a chance at winning a nice T and T fiberglass rod. I really need your vote. It's easy, jut email "I vote for Ben Smith" to tfmcontests@gmail.com. You can only send one vote per email, but if you have more than one email address, consider sending one from each. Thanks a ton everyone. I really appreciate your help.

Ben
Old 02-06-2013, 11:43 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need your help. My wife is going to kill me.

This is your first post since the day you joined the forum in August of 2011.

Dave
Old 02-06-2013, 11:47 AM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

Multiple email addresses? That isn't very honest.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ben: It has been almost 18 months since you joined the forum, yet you have never participated at all......you should get ready for the wife to give you a good old fashioned beating on your next fly rod purchase!
I feel the same way Dave does, no vote from me either, sorry.

Larry
Old 02-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

We have done this kind of thing for members a lot here. When we do, they all have one thing in common. They are participants in the forum. In the future if you want to start participating and something like this comes along, I am sure we will be happy to do it. Just not this time.
woodrivertroutbum and rayzor like this.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM

klunker will become famous soon enough

Wow, what a tuff crowd. Maybe he does alot of reading and doesn't feel like wasting his time posting or maybe he feels he has very little to add that hasn't been said before.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

So learning from everyone else is fine, but giving back is a waste of time?
Guest1 and rubberguy like this.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:47 PM

arizona wanderings is on a distinguished road

Sorry to have offended guys. I do spend a good portion of time reading here on the forums, but as you have stated, I do not post much. I enjoy learning from the content posted here, but usually don't have much to say.

Again, sorry to have offended.

Ben
wannafish and horseman_37601 like this.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunker View Post
Wow, what a tuff crowd. Maybe he does alot of reading and doesn't feel like wasting his time posting or maybe he feels he has very little to add that hasn't been said before.
Maybe you're right, he just doesn't want to waste "HIS" time posting (way too busy, its only been 18 months), but now wants us to waste "OUR" time to support him in a contest. I can't vote for him anyway as I have already voted for Eunan who is a regular contributor on the forum and the contest only allows one vote per email addy. Besides, I'd rather vote for someone that supports the forum than someone that never contributes. Just my opinion.
We have lots of discussions on the forum that don't require any fly fishing expertise and we also have lots of folks that have asked us to support them by voting. I wonder how many members he has voted for in the past? I can probably guess.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona wanderings View Post
Sorry to have offended guys. I do spend a good portion of time reading here on the forums, but as you have stated, I do not post much. I enjoy learning from the content posted here, but usually don't have much to say.

Again, sorry to have offended.

Ben
Ben: I can understand why a lot of folks don't respond to a lot of the threads, but we have lots of other threads that are just put up for fun and they only take a few seconds to respond to. For example:
New One Word: That is just a play on words, you see the last word posted and respond with the first word that comes to mind. Only takes a few seconds to participate.
Watcha Listenin to? What kind of music do you like?
Please Vote: Moldy Chum Slab of the Year: One of your members has asked us to support him (month of May). In this contest you can vote once per day, it only takes a click or two to vote. How about voting for one of our members?
Things You See While Fishing: Just a fun post to share strange things you have seen on the water.
Fishing Camp Amenities: What things would you like to see if you ever went to a fishing camp?
Anybody doing any fishing? If you have been out this winter, share your experience.
Home State Photography: Just a fun post to share some great photos. Surely you have some photos to share.......I have to agree posting photos can be a pain to learn.
Gloves--What's Your Preference: Have you ever worn gloves while fishing in cold wx, if so what did you think of them?
Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods do You Own? Pretty easy to answer that one.
Things Never to Say to a Fishing Partner: Just a fun post.
Hank is Back! Everyone loves Hank, just put up a short post saying that was great or I hate Hank Patterson, he is a terrible fly fishing guide! LOL!
Most Memorable Fish of 2012: We want to see your fish or if no fish describe the fishing adventure.
fysh, Guest1, popperfly and 3 others like this.

Larry
Old 02-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I can think of at least a half dozen we have done it for. Joni, Mojo, Eunan, the carp guy (although the girl with the giant red band steelhead ), etc. It's not that we mind doing it, but if we are we like to think it's for one of us. I think the best way to look at it is just like the rules to sell something on here. We don't allow someone to pop on and go "hey, help me unload this red sectional sofa" first post out of the box. It's not that we are offended, it's just you need to have some sort of fairness to it.

If the sofa guy had been on here for a few months and posted a bunch of pictures, asked questions and answered any if he could, we may hae been able to help unload the sofa instead of turning it into 6 or 8 pages of joke.