The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 03:08 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I am now a total believer in there is such a thing as 'Dumb Stupid Luck.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquires View Post
Lack of eyebrows, emotional distress and most likely a case of PTSD to follow, let alone the fact that this is probably going to affect your love life. I know some very good attorneys.
I hope you are joking. This country and people wanting to sue for everything annoys the hell out of me.

I have never had this type of issue, though I dont smoke I have not chewed tobacco leaves for about 3 years now and glad I stopped.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:57 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I am now a total believer in there is such a thing as 'Dumb Stupid Luck.'

Oh Boy! Since we're on the subject, I get to brag! 4 1/2 months quit!
mcnerney and Guest1 like this.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 02-07-2013, 06:35 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
I hope you are joking. This country and people wanting to sue for everything annoys the hell out of me.

I have never had this type of issue, though I dont smoke I have not chewed tobacco leaves for about 3 years now and glad I stopped.
Of course I was kidding.

But let me say this: Like most everything folks form opinions on, they are shaped by what we read, see on TV, or (more rare) firsthand knowledge. In my real life, when I am not guiding, I am a court reporter, so, as you can image, I see a lot of cases that have no merit (the ones you read about in the paper), but I also see a ton of cases where not only was there negligence that merits a lawsuit, but the reason there was negligence was because the defendants in question didn't give a darn about dangerous conditions or didn't want to spend the money to fix the condition. Can't tell you how many cases of surgical instruments left inside the body I've had over the years, how many wrong limbs cut off (even when personnel write with a Sharpie on the limb that is not to be amputated). A little research online about the dozens of unnessary heart surgeries that were perfomed in Redding, CA for the surgeons' financial gain is enlightening. I could tell you stories of physicians and/or dentists molesting patients (and witnessed but not reported by staff), not to mention the numerous cases of clergy molestations I've reported. All I'm saying is, like in most of life, generalizations are not helpful in the legal arena either. There are, obviously, unscrupulous attorneys out there, but, regardless of what you may read, it's no different than the unscrupulous folks in other professions. Don't even get me started on politicians - I've rambled on long enough.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:55 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquires View Post
, I am a court reporter, .
Best one ever was in Airplane II. He did it with sun glasses on and doing the Ray Charles playing piano thing. Pretty funny. Probably get you in trouble if you tried it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
Oh Boy! Since we're on the subject, I get to brag! 4 1/2 months quit!
It's been many years for me, but I still try and second hand smoke about half a pack a day. New stinking laws make it hard to do though.