The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bourbon

I see. Thanks.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

Have any of you tried Angel's Envy? If so, what did you think?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:46 PM

loringj will become famous soon enoughloringj will become famous soon enough

Normally I enjoy Canadian Whiskey but I have been trying out bourbon lately and I enjoy it. Right now Iam working on a bottle of Makers Mark. I also picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 and its good.

Our liquor store here has a really good whiskey selection so tomorrow I may have to stop by and cruise around the bourbon section ( or the American Whiskey Section as they call it up here) and see what I find.

Justin
Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysh View Post
A couple years ago on The Salmon River (Idaho) we were all standing around a blazing campfire and I was handed a tin cup with a few ice cubes and three fingers(maybe four) of a bourbon I'd not tasted before, I sipped it and instantly liked it, turned out to be a rather inexpensive bottle of George Dickel no.12.

It's tough to find in my area, when I make it to Wyoming, I usually search out a few bottles, and with roughly a $20 price tag it is far from a "Bank Breaker". I have an unopened bottle in the cupboard that appears to be rather lonely....it shall be visited tonight.
BourbonEnthusiast.com • Bourbon Reviews • George Dickel No. 12
George Dickel is made 5 minutes from my house in the Cascade Hollows of Normandy Tenn. http://tnspiritsandwinetrail.com/George_Dickel_Distillery.html and Jack Daniel's is only 15 minutes away in Lynchburg Tenn.
One thing I can say about George Dickel.....very smooth! that would be my choice.
fysh likes this.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 02-25-2013, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

It is smooth isn't it?!
Since this thread was posted I've been forced to have a few fingers of Dickel no.12 in the name of research....preliminary results are that I may need to do some more research.
yonder likes this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

I'm generally a Bulleit man, but just bought a bottle of Buffalo Trace to find out for myself after reading this forum.

I love research.
shotgunfly likes this.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

yeah, bulliet is good but eagle rare is better.
another fine bourbon is makers mark.
however, when camping, a great sitting around the fire whiskey is good old beam

casey
fysh likes this.

ARFE
Old 02-26-2013, 01:23 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

No one has tried Templeton Rye?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:34 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
yeah, bulliet is good but eagle rare is better.
another fine bourbon is makers mark.
however, when camping, a great sitting around the fire whiskey is good old beam

casey
I checked out the Eagle Rare (10yr) recently on a whim at my brother in laws. Man! That is some good stuff. It's nudged Bulleit out of a top seat.

The Macallan 18yr is still my go to, although a recent sampling of 12yr is gainin fast.

Looking to try some Macallan Fine Oak here in a few days.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Soo...this is a bourbon thread. Does there need to be a whisky (whiskey) thread?

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 04-17-2013, 04:51 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

...possibly a strong black coffee thread?