The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gt05254

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 12:44 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Photo hosting sites??

I've been using photobucket for the past several years as a host site for the photos I download to various forums. Photobucket is, however, "upgrading", and I, along with a cast of thousands, thoroughly dislike the upgrade.

I've also had Picassa for a long time, and all of my photos automatically go into it. I've tried figuring out how to use it as a host site, but just can't make it happen.

So the question: does anyone use Picassa as a photo hosting site, and if so, how do you download photos from it to, say, this forum?

Any other good options???
Thanks,
Gary
Old 02-09-2013, 02:55 PM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Photo hosting sites??

Try imageshack.us
Old 02-09-2013, 03:17 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
I've been using photobucket for the past several years as a host site for the photos I download to various forums. Photobucket is, however, "upgrading", and I, along with a cast of thousands, thoroughly dislike the upgrade.
Sorry to hear that. Amazing how often 'upgrades' add features I don't care about and change the features I like just enough to mean I have to re-learn them without any benefit. Happened with a recent iTunes update. I haven't seen the new upgrade but will watch the thread in-case I find it annoying.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

So the question: does anyone use Picassa as a photo hosting site, and if so, how do you download photos from it to, say, this forum?

Any other good options???
Thanks,
Gary
Picassa is free and works fine, see image below.
Did you switch to the new photobucket software, if so try switching back. That worked for me.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:07 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Darwin, could you do a quickie tutorial on how to download pics from Picassa?
I did switch back to the old photobucket, but the old photobucket, according to photobucket, will be gone in 23 days.
Thanks!
Gary
caseywise likes this.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:24 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Assuming photos have been uploaded to picassaweb.
Click thumbnail of photo to be linked. This opens the photo to display a larger image.
under Tags is a 'Link to this Photo' link, click this
Select Size > drop down list, make selection. one of the mediums should be good.
2 Check Boxes under this drop down, make selection(s) I click both. ***Edit. Seems only the 'Image only (no link)' check box is working.
go up to 'Embed Image' and click, this selects the whole line and turns it blue.
Right click, > Copy

Go to FFF and click the Insert Image icon
Past in the copied url. It will be inside of 2 IMG tags.
Click the Preview button to test.
It is not the most intuitive layout and things are not in the best order.
hope that helps and feel free to give me a shout if needed.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by darwin; 02-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:43 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i use flickr with good results.
i choose the size i want of the image
next copy image location
then paste into nafff post
next i preview my post
and change the 2 sets of brackets around the image code from [url] [url/] to [img] [img/]
this works well for me.

casey

ARFE
Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 PM

Thanks, Darwin, i'll give it a whirl, and Casey, if I can't make that go, flickr here I come.
Gary
Old 02-09-2013, 09:00 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Photo hosting sites??

Quote:

I've also had Picassa for a long time, and all of my photos automatically go into it. I've tried figuring out how to use it as a host site, but just can't make it happen.

Gary
I so hear you Gary, sooo hear you vis a vis Picassa's change. Since their change I've not been able to up load/post a single photo. As an e-mail attachment, still works, beyond that .. I'm toast.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Darwin, could you do a quickie tutorial on how to download pics from Picassa?
I did switch back to the old photobucket, but the old photobucket, according to photobucket, will be gone in 23 days.
Thanks!
Gary
Add my PLEASE!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:26 AM

mattneeds is on a distinguished road

that sucks the old pb is going away in 23 days. I might have to look for a new site also