The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough
Default Moonshine

well it may be an odd question .. who likes moonshine, I watched a film called lawless about 2 hours ago and its a great film , but makes me laugh when I see the moonshine....

so who brews it ....
who drinks it....
Old 02-09-2013, 06:54 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Moonshine

I worked down in TN for a few months last year and the office was in NC right on the other side of the smokies. When I got down there I was greeted with a jar and had plenty while I was down there.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 PM

frogg will become famous soon enoughfrogg will become famous soon enough

We lived in Western NC for a while. We traveled to Tennesee on more than one occasion...

Chris
Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Not had 'home made' but a great show on one of the cable channels on the 'makings.' Did have one 'Southern Boy' introduce me to 'Everclear,' something like 190 proof? Damned near straight ....

Three or four shots of that and I was face down on the table.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

My Grandfather, Mitchell French was renowned moonshine maker. My daddy and uncles and older brothers ran the stuff. The feds searched out house many times. Now, I was the youngest of the youngest kid of grandpaws,,so ,,,I'm the only boy in the clan to NOT work an active moonshine still.

Grandpaw shot a revenuer one time,,,didn't kill him,,gut shot him. Defended himself in court down here and got out of it. Momma hid moonshine under my brothers baby blankets when he was little on one search and the Feds never checked there.

Nope, moonshine ain't no stranger to me,,or me to it. But I never drank much,,,just too damn powerful if made right. I'm a sissy,,,being more of a Jim Beam feller myself.

mojo, BlueDun, double d and 1 others like this.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Not had 'home made' but a great show on one of the cable channels on the 'makings.' Did have one 'Southern Boy' introduce me to 'Everclear,' something like 190 proof? Damned near straight ....

Three or four shots of that and I was face down on the table.
Now I'm beginning to understand, Fred.
double d likes this.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:32 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

I've got a friend in TN that always brings some when he visits. I've had apple pie and the clear stuff. There are still people in Templeton, IA that make moonshine. Over the years several stills have been raided, but the feds don't give them too much trouble anymore.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:45 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I belong to a moonshining forum, but the only thing that I've made so far was applejack in the freezer
Old 02-10-2013, 03:01 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Had an Irish friend make up Potcheen once and never was I more drunk! Its just the same as our shine but I think the ingredients are a bit different.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:08 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Apple Pie! My favorite! NCs finest!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser