The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By riverbilly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 02:58 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all
Default Every been so excited....

to go fishing.

I mean it's been cold and it warms up for a day and it's a week day and no one is sure to be at your favorite spring creek.

You get all the way there thinking you've slipped one past everyone and realize you left EVERYTHING to fish with at home! Waders, rod, reel, flies all of it.

Just happened to me.

Then again it was a nice day to take 1.5 hour drive.

Better luck next time!

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 02-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Every been so excited....

Dang now that just isn't right! Sorry for the misfortune.

We are starting to get a little warmer wx, but each time it warms up the wind picks up, making it miserable to be outside. I'm sure getting the itch to get out and wet a line.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Spooky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunfly View Post
to go fishing.

I mean it's been cold and it warms up for a day and it's a week day and no one is sure to be at your favorite spring creek.

You get all the way there thinking you've slipped one past everyone and realize you left EVERYTHING to fish with at home! Waders, rod, reel, flies all of it.

Just happened to me.

Then again it was a nice day to take 1.5 hour drive.

Better luck next time!
I was talking to my brother last night. He did exactly the same thing. Except he drove farther.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:16 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice
Default Re: Every been so excited....

That is excited to go fishing.

I can explore river and creek banks for hours and not fish, though I don't seem to do it very often.

Next time.
shotgunfly likes this.