03-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
Re: Here We Go, This Is The Made In The USA Thread;
Here are a few of my "made in the USA" purchases over the past few years:
1. St. Croix rods (several... Legend Ultra, Avid, USA-made Imperial, and a Pro Graphite when I was just getting started)
2. Ross reels
3. Simms waders
4. Griffin tying vice
5. 2002 Explorer and a 2011 F150
6. Remington shotgun and Ruger rifle
7. Irish Setter hunting boots (most models are Asian imports, but a couple are at least assembled here) and Red Wing work boots made here in MN
8. Redfeather snowshoes
9. PrincetonTec headlamps for backcountry fishing trips and hunting
10. Lots of flyfishing and fly tying books and magazines printed in USA, at least mostly on American paper... A subject near and dear since the money for all these other items comes from my career making paper!
It's too bad that what we buy that's made here are exceptions to the norm worth talking about...