Over the years I've seen all the 'Made in America vs. Asia etc.' threads that we've had I believe. Currently the thread concerning Orvis rods is getting a workout as you may well know. What I propose is that we list those items; clothing, fishing gear etc. that you have no doubt was in fact manufactured in the United States in your reply. As you think of more things after your first post you can always come back with an edit and add to your list. Regarding firearms; for the sake of privacy I would not advise listing your Remington's on the internet. I'm willing to accept that we are still making plenty of guns
I am curious about this. I know that if we look to firearms and knives as well as products acquired prior to 1980 we may all have a bunch of USA made items. Conversely if we look at our purchases / acquisitions made in the past decade we may be hard put to come up with a whole lot of stuff.
For the sake of focus lets keep the listings to items purchased since the year 2000.
This would cover whatever you bought over the past 13 years..............
I'll start here and ad things as I find them.
1. Orvis Odyssey reels, 2 of them
2. Filson Jacket (replaced my 1992 one)
3. Orvis Vortex reels (original Vortex) 2 of them
4. 2004 Chevrolet Silverado
5. Original art work by American artists
6. Old fishing books printed and bound in America
7. Simms waders
8. An Orvis fly rod made in 1968 and another made in 64'
9. Pocket knives USA only
10. 2 R.L. Winston Spey rods
11. Fixed blade knives, Damascus steel by Silver Stag & an Eagle River AK. fillet knife.
12. New snowshoe bindings hand made in Maine
13. A new Estwing Campers Axe
14. A Snow plow for the 4 wheeler
15. Our ATEC Marine 18.5 foot boat (built in Kenai AK.)
16. A new Stihl chainsaw (a big fat boy with a 24" bar) for the cabin work.
17. My Beaver & Blue Fox fur hat that keeps my head warm, Tuntutuliak Alaska by a Native woman I hired to make it.
18. Lumber & glass building materials for the cabin.
19. Just remembered; I've bought 2 more Martin MG series reels however they were (like the old Orvis branded reels) made long ago in the USA.
20. A new Leatherman Wave
21 I bought 2 AIR / FishCat rafts in 2006 I'm pretty sure they were made in America.
22. The jet lower unit for the new 90hp boat motor was made in California.
23. Couple pairs of Oakley glasses
24. A set of Kolbalt ratchets and sockets in 2001 that were American made at that time.
25. I'm pretty sure my Craftsman digital torque wrench was made here.........
26. The counter balancer for my KLR 650 was machined in CA. from US steel
I'll have to think about this and add more later.