The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By gt05254
  • 1 Post By rayzor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 04:25 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default John Merwin

Sadly, John Merwin, long an editor of Field&Stream, author of "The Battenkill" and other books, passed away on Wednesday, February 20th. John was a former exec. director of The American Museum of Fly Fishing. When I took it over, and he very graciously helped me in the early going. He lived just up the road from me. The man knew a hell of a lot about fly fishing, and even more about writing about it.
Gary
Old 02-22-2013, 04:29 PM

stonewolf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: John Merwin

R.I.P. and thank you for the long time service to out sport and life style and your work has give atleast me many hours of wonder filled reading

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough

so sad to hear another great Fly-Fisherman has gone , my thoughts are with his friends and family .
makes a man reflrct on the joy we have when fishing , the friendship lasts forever.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Gary: Sorry to hear that John has passed, he was a great writer! My condolences to the family and friends!

Larry
Old 02-22-2013, 07:56 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Always sad to read one of our own has passed. Thank you for sharing Gary.

Dave
Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Read a lot of his articles and books, always liked his style. RIP. milt.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:39 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Ah God, my heart just broke.

As a kid I couldn't afford to buy the magazines but had a tiny Library a long walk away. Place was tiny, but the 'Head Librarian' was one heck of a lady.

'Convinced' her to subscribe to the magazine (and a few others like Popular Science, etc) and I'd spend hours in there every afternoon doing my 'home work,' reading the stories and just dream.

"Some day, Some day ...."

Ever had a Librarian make you a Peanut and Jelly sandwich and bring you a glass of milk? Hand you a 'book' and 'You should read this and tell me what you think.'

I wander again, but a solid start from someone who saw something?

My first Mentor? Me thinks.

fae