The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 01:45 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pizza Voodoo

... I got 2 in mind at this point
A white pizza with ricotta, roasted garlic, bacon and fresh spinach
and a more traditional pie with anchovies, capers, black olives and roasted red peppers.

Gary, unlike almost everyone else, I don't blame 'Cuse for the Big East meltdown.
I think that it was actually Georgetown that blocked the TV deal that lead to the mass exodus
gt05254 likes this.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:08 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I used to be the same when I watched the Mets, I figured out quick though that they suck and no amount of properly seasoned/cooked hot wings could cure that! But I suggest anything with bacon on it is infallible!
But I will bet you still watch them as I do! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!! I don't have to cook anything if I go to the stadium they win guaranteed on T V no guarantees ! How I long for a rerun of 69 and 86!

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Hahaha! Whats the difference!?! Yeah I was though, the first time I was allowed to stay up past ten was in 84 when they won the series against Boston. After that they did ok, then after the strike it really went south but it used to be a good excuse to head to the bar! Now all I get to watch is the Indians, not a whole lot of difference there either!
86 you stayed up late . Nothing better than seeing Boggs and Clemens cry!

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I'd never heard of St Louis style and was going to say "SHOW ME !" but I googled it instead
You do realize that I want them to win ?

I grew up in a town with a lot of Sicilians, and Sicilian style has a thick bread-like crust.
I'm not sure that I could go with a St Louis/ unleavened crust. New Haven style thin is hugely popular here in CT and that's hard enough to deal with.
Love Sicilian style loaded up! That's a meal!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-28-2013, 11:01 AM

jor fly is on a distinguished road

AMEN! Bacon for the WIN!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

86? Yeah I can't remember man I was only 7 and its been a long strange trip since then! Yeah I do watch when its on a channel I get, you outted me! I can still see the slowmo replay of that fateful error....priceless! I had the 69 Mets topps cards in a binder at my grandmother's house and maybe 10 years ago she donated it all to goodwill or the salvation army, its one of the many reasons my hair is falling out at the rate it is.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:50 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
86? Yeah I can't remember man I was only 7 and its been a long strange trip since then! Yeah I do watch when its on a channel I get, you outted me! I can still see the slowmo replay of that fateful error....priceless! I had the 69 Mets topps cards in a binder at my grandmother's house and maybe 10 years ago she donated it all to goodwill or the salvation army, its one of the many reasons my hair is falling out at the rate it is.
No wonder your a Met fan you were born when they won their first series if you were 7 in 86. I went to game 4 and 6 in 69 never forget the feeling of Shea rocking as the fans went nuts! Citi Field is nice but it will never replace Shea in my mind. And as far as the error in 86 at first Boston fans used hjm as a scapegoat his error only made the game a tie!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:08 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
But I will bet you still watch them as I do! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!! I don't have to cook anything if I go to the stadium they win guaranteed on T V no guarantees ! How I long for a rerun of 69 and 86!
Yer hurting me Boz! I used to like you too!

While I was not around for the '69 "Miracle" and epic collapse of the Cubs, '84 was a special year for me as an 11 year old boy. If I only knew then how truly special that season was...well, actually I'm glad that I had no idea then, I would have been ruined at much earlier age!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Yer hurting me Boz! I used to like you too!

While I was not around for the '69 "Miracle" and epic collapse of the Cubs, '84 was a special year for me as an 11 year old boy. If I only knew then how truly special that season was...well, actually I'm glad that I had no idea then, I would have been ruined at much earlier age!
Heres the deal John one of my good friends also named John the postmaster is a die hard Cubby fan. if he can put up with me and I can deal with his ivy wall then I think you can as well! Like he said at least im not on the Yankee band wagon as he is not on the White Sox train!Oh and the only thing better than 69 Series besides my kids was my first fish!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:41 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Heres the deal John one of my good friends also named John the postmaster is a die hard Cubby fan. if he can put up with me and I can deal with his ivy wall then I think you can as well! Like he said at least im not on the Yankee band wagon as he is not on the White Sox train!Oh and the only thing better than 69 Series besides my kids was my first fish!
Well John, I've got the kid and first fish under my belt ... looks like at least a couple more years on the Series champ part.
theboz likes this.