The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: When Did Life's "C Words" Go Out Of Style?

Nothing new under the sun:

"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"

--Plato (probably)
rangerrich99 likes this.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:45 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecain View Post
Nothing new under the sun:

"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"

--Plato (probably)
I will agree with a lot, minus the rioting. I see protests a lot and it reminds me of my father's decade, I am glad people are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in, do I think most of what people are protest to be idiotic... yes, but that is the wonderful part of this country, people can be total idiots because they have the right to, it just disappoints me people do not want to constantly learn and accept people for being different. Sadly being from the area I am I get to see stupidity at its best with the infamous church that everyone knows protesting soldier funerals and gay rights. While it is totally in their right to do what they do, I just wish they would grow up and maybe protest somewhere else.

I just wish people would stop watching the news and T.V., watching Facebook, whatever and just go outside and figure out what this world is truly like. Most people will find amazing things.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:24 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Nicely quoted, plecain... And, stuie675? I agree with you that this country was founded as a nation free of the stigmas, one that recognized certain rights, and devoid of prejudicial behavior toward any group, no matter how different their beliefs.

And, while I recognize the importance of the amendments and the rights that they guarantee-- freedom of speech, for example --I'll get in the face of any protester who decides that a soldier's funeral is a proper place to air his/her griefs. It all goes back to respect... I've lost relatives, friends and sons and daughters of friends who paid the ultimate price and died protecting our freedoms and our way of life, and they ALL deserve our respect. One of my best friends in both grade school and high school still has trouble dealing with his part in the Viet Nam war. His dreams of those days continue to haunt him...

Whether you agree with a point of view or come at it from 90 degrees, our differences are what make us unique... And, for that alone, the "C Words" should still hold sway... Jerry, aka hairwing530
wt bash likes this.