The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 06:18 PM

nickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of light
Default In Search of Free America

As the title says... We're leaving Colorado. It's becoming New York West, LA East. It's no longer the Free America we've enjoyed. So.. Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Oregon? I'd like to hear from you who live there. We love the high altitude thin air, the wildlife, the big sky.. Fishing, firearms freedom, low taxes are key. I'm retiring in September, we're planning on selling our house in the spring. Reccomendations, please.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: In Search of Free America

Take me with you!

Commie-rado, never thought this would happen here...

I vote MT.

Randy
Old 03-20-2013, 12:28 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm originally from Colorado, born and raised. I just went back to Dillon, my home town and barely recognized the place. They have driven everyone but a couple people I know out of there. The front range has grown to the point it's not recognizable either.

Many of my family and friends relocated to MT also. I'm thinking about doing the same. This stinking place has way to cold and long winters. I'm pretty sure the next ice age will start just a few blocks from my house.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

I'm retiring to Idaho next year. Been doing a lot of research. Taxes aren't bad, cost of living if cheap, $250k will buy a lot of house, great fishing.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:50 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Looks like you guys will have to come to Canada; apparently we are now more "free" than the U.S. I can't resist posting this comic, please forgive me.

Click the image to open in full size.
MoscaPescador likes this.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:24 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Come to Missoula or Seeley Lake, we will start our own fly fishing commune.

Dave
Old 03-20-2013, 07:34 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
..the big sky..
I think you've made your choice.. lol

Anything to do with the vote this week?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:30 AM

nickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
I think you've made your choice.. lol

Anything to do with the vote this week?
Yep. The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
Yep. The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
Sorry about that

I'm hoping MagPul might move here now
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: In Search of Free America

Interesting post.

I've had four long conversations with folks (past two weeks) who voiced the same opinion about where they now live. And what's it like to live in your area.

Look at the southern half of Oregon. Just skip Medford, Ashland or Jacksonville.