The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   God I love small town news papers. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/314174-god-i-love-small-town-news-papers.html)

fredaevans 03-20-2013 10:51 AM

God I love small town news papers.

Stuff you'll never find anywhere else ..... from a moment ago.

"Corvallis woman charged with assaulting trooper with crutches

A Corvallis woman is facing a felony charge after allegedly assaulting a peace officer with her crutches.

Tiffany Kay Tomes, 26, is facing felony charges after a domestic disturbance last weekend.

A Ravalli County sheriff’s deputy responded to a home in Corvallis for a reported domestic disturbance. When an officer arrived at the residence, they were able to hear yelling coming from inside, court records state.

When the officer made contact, he saw two males and a female yelling at the male. Tomes stated that she was trying to get her two children, ages 4 and 7, to come out of the apartment and leave the residence.

The officer asked Tomes to wait outside while he spoke with the male. She was intoxicated and began yelling that she would not answer any questions. He then told her to sit down outside the house and left her in the company of a Montana Highway Patrol trooper.

After a period of time, the trooper yelled for the officer to come back outside. When the officer did, the trooper stated that Tomes had tried to hit him with her crutches and that he had to block them with his hands and arms to keep them from hitting his head, court records state.

She was arrested and placed in the back of the patrol car, where she continued to scream, yell and repeatedly kick the roof of the vehicle, the doors and windows. Tomes then spit and blew her nose all over the back of the patrol vehicle and banged her head on the partition in the vehicle, court records state.

She is charged with felony attempted assault on a peace officer, and disorderly conduct and criminal mischief, both misdemeanors. Tomes is being held on a $500 bond and if released is not to consume alcohol or drugs and not to enter a bar or purchase alcohol.

Reach reporter Julia Cummings"

mcnerney 03-20-2013 01:24 PM

Re: God I love small town news papers.

Fred: Great read! Sounds like some of the stuff I read in the Pinedale paper.

williamhj 03-20-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 538827)
...her two children, ages 4 and 7...

Crazy story, feel for the kids.

fredaevans 03-20-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williamhj (Post 538896)
Crazy story, feel for the kids.

As did I, and I'm sure lots of others. I'll leave it at that.

fae

yonder 03-20-2013 03:11 PM

On my last vacation to Montana, I would start every morning with a good cup of coffee and the police report in the Bozeman newspaper. Better than reading the comics........:) I wish I could find it online......

plecain 03-20-2013 03:16 PM

It's not just small towns.

A Boston radio station has a segment called Police Blotter Fax Friday where listeners fax in funny/strange/amusing things from their local police blotters.

dhayden 03-20-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonder (Post 538933)
On my last vacation to Montana, I would start every morning with a good cup of coffee and the police report in the Bozeman newspaper. Better than reading the comics........:) I wish I could find it online......

Here you are..

The Bozeman Daily Chronicle: Police Reports

fredaevans 03-20-2013 04:12 PM

Good go DH, beat me too it.

These things are great reads, and you (seriously) will find 'information' that will lead you to other places that are 'helpful.' If that is what you do for a living.

Just a one liner add in, and a Woozer. Search engines go nuts for a few hours tracking that back/forward. But that's what I do from 0100-0200 - 0600 every day. Then back to bed for a couple of hours.

Probably 'TMI,' but it works 95% of the time.

yonder 03-20-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhayden (Post 538951)

Thanks dhayden.......I have bookmarked the page and loaded the coffee pot for tomorrow morning!! :)

yonder 03-21-2013 03:22 AM

5:20 in the A.M.......fresh coffee........let's check the Bozeman blotter!!!! It's going to be a great day........:)