The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Downhill anyone!?

Some of you who know me a little better know I work for ENVE Composites, we make high end carbon fiber bike wheels, and carbon fiber parts for custom bike builders. I found this video today from the early days of the company and thought a few here might enjoy a little ride.
imxer, mcnerney, jpbfly and 1 others like this.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-24-2013, 02:27 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Downhill anyone!?

Many years back, but been down much of that trail. Even walking, it was a chore!

fae
Old 03-24-2013, 02:51 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Hope his life insurance company didn't see that Very cool video thanks for posting it.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Fred, I was thinking as I watched that it would be tough hiking even going down hill.

William, I'm not up on all the big names in the sport, but I figure the guy is probably a 'Pro' rider with high premiums on his health/life insurance. Some of these guys are flat nutz!

Not a sport I could ever participate in, but I do enjoy watching them.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

John: Definitely a professional bike rider! Loved the video.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

I think so Larry.

It's funny, when warmer weather rolls around(pun intended) and the avid riders that I work with start getting out, they seem to show up in cast, slings, neck braces, and the sort. They heal up and go back for more.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:40 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

OK Yeah, neat and all but he could have been down at that lake we see about 15 seconds into the vid and fishing...which is better IMHO.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 03-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

That's what you and I would be doing, but....thank goodness we have the "adrenalin junkies" in the world or else our waters would be way more crowded. I like my adrenalin rush in measured amounts anyway!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Man I saw bike and carbon fiber and thought motorcycle wheels. I was about to say HOOK A BROTHER UP!!

but either way sweet video. Wish I had the guts for that stuff.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:29 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Hope his life insurance company didn't see that Very cool video thanks for posting it.
That was a question I posited to my son in law. He/friends are great trail bike riders in the Bitterroot Mountains in Montana. Gave him a GoPro camera and watching the film(s) of the trails they were going down made me cringe.