The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: So sick of Winter.

Hello JP,

You have an awesome tree with already beautiful flowers Yesterday we had the first spring day with more than 10°C (>52°F), but during the nights we still have around -4°C At the moment I enjoy every hour of sun

THORSTEN
Old 04-08-2013, 03:29 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Very odd weather (again) here in Southern Oregon. Freezing level dropped to about 4,,500 feet last night, and in the mountains which surround the Rogue River Valley, we had almost total white-out conditions. Got so bad they even closed down the ski area.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:13 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Dan, you must embrace it and then it will treat you well...

Here is what we do during the long winter in Idaho:

Click the image to open in full size.

Anyway, I think you get the idea...

Hang in there! ...and it came to pass - it did not come to stay!

Kelly.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

One more, but I don't think it will help your situation, Dan.

Think of it as the glass being half full...

Kelly.
newby and thorsten like this.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan: Turn around so I can pull that knife out that Kelly just jabbed you with!

Spring has finally arrived here in western, Wyoming although we had a slight setback with the snow today, but I'm not complaining we need all the moisture we can get.
Guest1 and kglissmeyer1 like this.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fish Kelly! However, if that river was in Dan's neighborhood I think you'd spend the winter driving on it
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Dan: Turn around so I can pull that knife out that Kelly just jabbed you with!

Pretty much so. While Kelly was out doing that, I could do this;

That was April 1st. The ice finally made it out to there April 15th. While it was going out farther upriver I managed to squeek in a couple of hours of fishing over three days. Most of it was dodging icebergs.

This was with my new 14' Thomas and Thomas two hander. It makes it a bit better getting a few casts in. Still snowing and cole here though. Hard to believe the ice can go out during conditions like this.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Still ice here. I wheeled the boat out & put the snowmachines up but it'll be awhile yet. The tarp that was wrapped around the boat leaked during the rains of late fall and there is 4" of ice in the front 2 sections of the boats floor. I'm waiting for it to thaw also and it's slow going. That tarp, it was a giant heavy duty and new tarp too, about 79.00 worth

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-17-2013, 07:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Not your 'conditions' by a long shot. But 32 this AM again and all the fruit orchard's age going 'fruit loops' with frost protection.When I had my Vineyards, a few miles to the south was surrounded by Pear Orchards and some mornings were straight out of a Nam' movie.

Out early this AM and Yellow Lab jumped out of the back of the Jeep and turned right around and jumped right back in. I wasn't all that far behind him.

High water, and you'd need a chunk of Bike chain for a sink tip.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Winter is attempting to come back AGAIN tonight. low of 36. Today is rain...almost an inch already since 7 this morning. Last year we couldnt get any rain, this year it hasnt stopped.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Winter is attempting to come back AGAIN tonight. low of 36. Today is rain...almost an inch already since 7 this morning. Last year we couldnt get any rain, this year it hasnt stopped.
yep, same here. over 6 inches in the last 36 hours
with more in the near forecast....
lots of flooding everywhere.

casey

ARFE