The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: So sick of Winter.

That's a bunch of rain Casey, I hope we can get through breakup without any. There's enough rain water frozen in the ground from the flood last September - October to bring high water conditions without rain this spring.

Hope things straighten out for you guys soon.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope we don't end up with a bunch of rain like that. So far it's still snowing on us. When all of this finally melts we are going to have a season I refer to as mud.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

We are at 1.5 in 8 hours so far, not sure what the totals have been this week, but its been close to 3 inches atleast.

Im gonna go take a picture of the storm drain on my way home, its at 15' stage, normally its at .5 or .75'

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we went from highs in the 30's and lows in the teens to highs in the 60's and staying above freezing at night. This is the third straight day of it. Four days ago we were still covered in snow. Now all that's left is the big banks where it was pushed out of the way all winter. There is water running everywhere and we are now fully into the season I call mud.

I did manage to work a few casts in before the end of the Walleye season, which ends April 14th. It was cold and as the ice went off the river we got about a million fishermen in boats I wouldn't have used in that mess. This me me dodging boats and icebergs.

Click the image to open in full size.

The river went out at the bridge you see in a lot of my pictures on the 15th. This is there on the 1st.
Click the image to open in full size.

The Warroad River and all of the smaller stuff is still frozen, as is the lake. The lake will be for a while. But we are making progress.