The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Wink Where The Heck You All Been?

Well life has been interesting since I was here last, I've been learning to live with some health issues that developed over the last couple years. I sold my house...it should close by Tuesday. I'll be purchasing a Condo so I'll have nothing to do on the weekends except fish. I haven't fished since I was here last due to the health issues that are slowly becoming more managed. So I'm planning several trips with guides during April. I may also look into finally fulfilling one of my lifelong dreams - fishing in Alaska.

My son and I have also started an online book selling business that is progressively, becoming more profitable.

If I can get the same deal that is available at shows I'll likely buy one of Dave Scadden's Challenger's and get the frame two so I can hook up a 4 horse outboard to it.

I'll also likely contact Justin about buying several additional rods and reels.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Last edited by FlyBum; 03-29-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Where The Heck You All Been?

Hi Tom,

As you know I've wondered where you've been and how you are doing. It is good to hear that things are turning about for you.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Ard,

Its great to here from you. Sorry I didn't reply to your last P.M., at least I don't remember doing so.

I just finished reading your latest blog entries I really missed reading everything you have to share.

So having you been doing some guiding or were the people that came up to fis with you just friends for a visit? If the forming P.M. me please I have some questions about that for you.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Tom: Good to have you back posting again! I hope all the health issues are behind you and you can enjoy the summer fishing!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:13 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tom,
Like you, I had some health issues. Since the middle of January, I have been a medical leave. I just got the green light from my doctor to start working again.

I'm glad that you have more time to fish.

Dennis
Old 03-30-2013, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the welcome.

Dennis its great to know that you are feeling well enough to return to work.

Its great being back here. I think this year should be a banner year fly fishing for me at least when it comes to the number of times I get to go. Especially, I can combine fishing trips with sourcing books and other resalable items - then write of the trip.

I'm also planning to take some casting lessons from Jeff Putnam to dust off the casting cob webs and to hopefully learn to be better than ever as well as to learn Spey Casting.

I've been reading about using switch rods for High Sticking and how doing so has upped the game of at least won well respected NorCal angler and guide.