The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 09:45 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NFFR: Aurora Borealis Tonight In Lower 48!

I hope that it clears up by tonight.
I'm headed off to our camp. From the neighbors cabin that's right on the CT/Mass line there's a clear view all the way to NH

Last time that I saw the northern lights was back in 1975.
We were out night fishing for land locked salmon in the Adirondacks.
I don't remember catching anything, we were too much busy watching the sky to actually do much fishing
Old 04-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I hope you have a display down there Paul. I was pretty surprised to see nothing last night. Both of my web sites indicated "Very Active" in the skies all the way down to Juneau but it was calm and cold.

I'm rested now and have some things that must be done today, then tonight it's back up the river. I'm thinking on taking a snowmachine tonight.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping thread,

Get out there and look up tonight

Old 04-14-2013, 07:49 AM

BlueDun has a spectacular aura aboutBlueDun has a spectacular aura about

I think the combination of light cloud cover and city lights blocked our view. I've seen them at home in Michigan, but never down here in Ohio.....maybe tonight......
Old 04-14-2013, 09:44 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Appears, as is the usual, I'm a tad too far south here in Oregon.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Administrator

So here's where we stand with this in my part of Alaska. The forecast was for 'Highly Active' and as you know from earlier posts, I spent almost 5 hours waiting into the early morning hours friday - Saturday.

Last night, Saturday - Sunday, I played smart and waited for a call from a friend up near Talkeetna who was watching for activity. No call ever came.

When we spoke on the phone at 8:00 PM last night he told me he had reports of them being way south of us down around Homer and further........................

That could be it for my season with the Aurora here.