The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 03:38 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default This was sooo Husky; God I miss him.

http://www.johnhartstudios.com/ckenn...30421d_stc.jpg

135#s of pure love and affection. Under my desk as a toe warmer for 10 of his 13 years. By my Avatar you can tell he was a fear-O-us beast.
fysh, mcnerney, jpbfly and 4 others like this.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:50 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: This was sooo Husky; God I miss him.

Very sorry you lost your friend.

I lost my friend of 10 years a couple months ago and just few days ago I finally found a new friend.

Not a replacement because he could never be replaced, but a new friednd.

Jug, the dog I lost.

Click the image to open in full size.

My new friend Brinkley

Hardyreels, fysh, mcnerney and 4 others like this.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:56 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you Bud, I sooo hear you.

Fred
fysh, mcnerney, jpbfly and 1 others like this.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 AM

coug will become famous soon enoughcoug will become famous soon enough

Fred, I laughed out loud earlier this morning when I saw that comic. Our husky is my wife's little baby and let's just say it is a very kept dog and it is very much a singing little drama queen. A very sweet dog. Mudbug- I grew up with brittney's and they too are great dogs. Sorry for both of your losses. We also have two labs that are "mine" and my spouse calls them "the circus" and it fits their lifestyle pretty well.
fysh, fredaevans and yonder like this.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

That road is a rough road to travel, condolences for your loss.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimp View Post
That road is a rough road to travel, condolences for your loss.
Jimp, no offense intended.

We had wins, adds to our life. My Yellow Lab Sandy was in my office a couple of minutes ago demanding his after dinner dog bisket. Huskers ash was to be spread out on the Rouge, couldn't do it.

His 'can' is on my desk, large picture of him snoozing on the beach to my left. Neither is going any where.

A great dog remembers you at your best, even when you're at your worst of personal places. Lay down on the floor/bed and a huge head on your chest.

You could spend $250/hr for a shrink, or you could have an old dog's nose against your cheek, that would like a cookie when you get your shxt back together.

fae
yonder likes this.

Last edited by fredaevans; 04-21-2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Spelling yuck.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

There are Dogs that you just never get over losing. Sounds like your Husky was one of them. My last Golden Retriever 'Speedy" was one. I think about him all the time.

He was almost my last Dog because losing him was so hard and I was afraid I'd think any Dog after him was an idiot. He was the Einstein of Dogs. He did things that were so smart I need a witness or people don't even think the stories are true. Man he was smart. I have relatives I am going to miss less than that Dog.

I have a 2 year old Female Golden Retriever now. She is not like him in alsmost any way. Still glad I got her. She's a good Dog.

I got a sign I put in my kitchen when I had Speedy that says, "My goal in life is to become the kind of person my Dog thinks I am".
fredaevans and yonder like this.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:17 PM

""My goal in life is to become the kind of person my Dog thinks I am."

I so hear you DD; one very close to that in my kitchen.

Fred
Guest1 and jpbfly like this.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

so sorry for your loss fred.
hard time for sure.
my father in laws beagle, sasha, died two weeks ago at 16 yrs old
known her since a pup, rough.
thoughts and prayers being sent your way buddy

casey

ARFE
Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Jimp, no offense intended.

We had wins, adds to our life. My Yellow Lab Sandy was in my office a couple of minutes ago demanding his after dinner dog bisket. Huskers ash was to be spread out on the Rouge, couldn't do it.

His 'can' is on my desk, large picture of him snoozing on the beach to my left. Neither is going any where.

A great dog remembers you at your best, even when you're at your worst of personal places. Lay down on the floor/bed and a huge head on your chest.

You could spend $250/hr for a shrink, or you could have an old dog's nose against your cheek, that would like a cookie when you get your shxt back together.

fae

yep.....I think Sadey would agree.....

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...ckberry003.jpg
fredaevans likes this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton