The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 04:20 PM

spiderninja will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How did you choose your screen name?

I have (or had) a black belt in a mutt style of ninjutsu, jujutsu, muyi thai.... The old lady has a collection of tarantulas. Instead of staring at that "username" box for too long trying to find something witty, I just picked a few things that described me and stuck them together.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:27 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

If you live in the hills you may be a hillbilly.

If you live on a river you may be a Riverbilly.
noreaster likes this.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

I do hate - because I am not good at it! - trying to think up witty usernames.

I used to like to have at least one, maybe a couple, quick aliases to go to if I had to. Carl was my first one, Carl Spackler. I also like Sal Paradise. If you remember, his buddy was Dean. That's all I'm saying.

A little mystery is good, people!!
Hardyreels and spiderninja like this.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:49 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Simple I just picked a name to go with my Email user name which is one of a few nicknames I'm called.
Brian
Old 04-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Just to show I'm a sport I've repped you all
Guest1 and noreaster like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-24-2013, 05:13 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

I am a long distance runner for half and full marathon and I like to fish, so Runningfish it is.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:41 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Over The Years here & on other Sites I've noticed many real Beaut Screen Names.
Even though I don't River Fish much these Days I'd rather Fish for 1/2 Day than Run 26 Miles.
Many times at night I've felt as if I've walked 26 Miles as it's surprising how far you can walk & Fish in a1/2 Day.
Brian.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 PM

rubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the rough

for 23 years I've worked in the industrial hose and rubber business. kinda was a no brainer for me !
Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

mine is as simple and boring as it comes.
first and last name no space
i'm gonna say readin through this young thread
that dan has the coolest screen name story so far
i'm also looking forward to milt and paul(rt) reply on this one

casey
milt spawn likes this.

ARFE
Old 04-24-2013, 06:49 PM

jeepster II is a jewel in the roughjeepster II is a jewel in the roughjeepster II is a jewel in the roughjeepster II is a jewel in the rough

Jeepster is the name of my gov computer given to me by a nice lady named beth, who works for the association of universities for research in astronomy. This was back during win 3.2, telnet, unix code on sun systems and file names could only be 8 characters long.

Beth decided she knew people's first names and what cars they drove better than learning any new ip address system. I drive jeeps and my name is steve. Beth gave me jeepstev.

I asked her to sub the v for the intial of my last name, r, and jeepster was born.

I am probably the original jeepster on this board from years ago. I've been using it for email, networking, ftp, forums, and general bull s for over twenty years.