The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 06:51 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How did you choose your screen name?

Wanted something short and have fished IMX rods for many years, so---------------------------.

Paul
Hardyreels likes this.

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY
Old 04-24-2013, 07:13 PM

lacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nice

An area near where I live is called La Canada de los Alamos (The Canyon of the Cottonwoods). I founded La Canada Wireless Association, so appropriated lacanadio. As a result, I've never had a "nick" collision.

Bob
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:18 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Internet 'research' is what I do to fund the kids Charities. Amazing what's out there if you're willing to spend hours typing. Just how you ask the 'question,' and where will give you a pantheon of information.

Here, and a few other places, are my mental coffee break. Other computer is grinding away with this, that, the other, mostly BS info back. But then you start to hit 'Gold.' Cross references to cross reference to cross reference.

Silly post, but that's why you see me 'come and go' at very odd times of the day. #1 has gone 'BING!' (really does go Bing) and Sandy my Yellow Lab will jump up on the bed and I'm back at work.

Shxt, another hours or so's reading and sorting. Amazing how much total BS there is on the Internet. And GEMS, PURE GEMS!! From the most unexpected places.

fae
gatortransplant likes this.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Diver Dan was already taken, so- because I'm a Jim Morrison/Doors fan, Mr. Mojo Rising was shortened.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 PM

paymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of light

Paymaster due to I work in the HR department and do the payroll.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:38 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Well, three things went into my carefully crafted screen name...I'm from Pennsylvania, my name is Dave, and I'm fairly unimaginative...thus, PA Dave. I use it on every web forum to keep life simple.
Hardyreels and fredaevans like this.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:55 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

I was born in North Dakota. Simple as that.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago, I got the nickname jaybo from chiflyfisher. The name stuck. 41 is a favorite song and also the year of the Jeep, another favorite of mine.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

I go by Jim in everyday life, P is the first letter in my last name, easy for me to remember too. Well, most of the time anyways.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

My father was a big man, not fat, big muscled and the funny thing is, in his early twenties pics show him skinny as a rail. But then with in a couple of years he just naturally got big muscles and the new nic of Big Dave. Obviously I became Little David and used that as my username with password for many years until I signed up for this site. While signing in I mistakenly thought my username would not be my nic name or moniker if you will, thus causing me to have to change all usernames on other sites...lol Long boring story but there it is.

I was going to use SilverSiren from Ulysses but missed that opportunity.

Dave