The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How did you choose your screen name?

At the suggestion of jeepster, I thought I would start this thread. So what is the story behind your name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster ii View Post
I think I'm covered. Sometimes when you mention too much about yourself others may take it the wrong way.

There should be a "how did you get your login name" thread, like the one about how you got your avatar. Here's a hint.

Click the image to open in full size.
Mine is my nickname from the Navy. There was a cartoon many years ago with a Diver Dan and Minella Mermaid. I never saw the cartoon. It had a song that went "Down in the deep there's adventure and danger.... That's where you'll find Diver Dan". My shipmates sang the song when I walked into Andy's Hut on Guam one night, and the name stuck. They still to this day call me Diver Dan
Old 04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: How did you choose your screen name?

When I joined the forum I had a collection of Hardy reels, more reels than I would ever have a rod for or time to use. It seemed to make sense, I never dreamed that I would be helping to keep things running or posting thousands of times.

Someday I may change it to my real name, I think everyone knows who I am anyway
jaybo41 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Well....nothing extraordinary...jpb are my initials...fly...easy to guess why
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Someday I may change it to my real name, I think everyone knows who I am anyway
You can't spell Hardyreels with out Ard. I think you should leave it as Hardyreels. We all know it's you by now.
imxer, Hardyreels, jpbfly and 2 others like this.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:55 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Post on several boards and coming up with a user name (different) would be a pain where one sits. Took the easy way and just use my real name (fredaevans) where-ever. The 'A' is for Arthur.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:12 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

I've used this moniker for many years & on several forums. My name is Jim, I'm a relatively big guy, (6'4", 230 lbs) and several of my friends & co-workers refer to me as Big Jim. The numbers 55 & 89 are years that have personal significance to me & I'll leave it at that.
Hardyreels likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:38 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

plecain -> Paul LeCain

Nowhere near as good a story as some of the others.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:48 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

None 'a yer bizness!!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:48 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Growing up in NY and playing sports you have no choice but to have a nickname. With a last name like Boesenberg ,theboz is the result. Surprisingly my kids who grew up in PA ended up with similiar nicknames.
My girls Kristin and Kelly while playing basketball from elementary through college were always KBOSEY1 AND KBOSEY2. My son was always BODIESEL.
Could have been worse with our last name,
Been called theboz for so long tend to forget you hav
e a first name! Haha!

And Dan I watched Diver Dan religiously growing up and still remember parts from the opening song!
Hardyreels likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Hey there,

Coming from PEI Canada that makes me a north easterner or nor'easter for short.

Plus I toy with custom knives which I named Noreaster.

cheers