The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 07:58 AM

driftless will become famous soon enoughdriftless will become famous soon enough
Default More pics

Thought I'd share some more pics
a cavern eroded into the bank of my local river,

Click the image to open in full size.

from the inside out,

goose,

evidence of a night time angler,

The river of Presidents, The Boise Brule,

look closely there is an eagle on the nest,

a man's gotta eat while on the river!

My best friends first fish, I told him he was allowed to use bait til he turned 10 but at nearly 5 he's learning to fish flies. (his choice I swear)
These two pics are 2 and a half seasons old. damn.......

Tight lines,
Don
Old 07-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More pics

Don: Great photos, the last two were just fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Larry
Old 07-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

You have a beautiful place to spend your time with your best friend. Those two little birds brought back memories (Eastern Wood Phoebe) they were prevalent in my place of birth and became a sign of the season to me through the years. Yours may be a tad different because of your location but they sure look like the ones that nested on my window frames back in Cogan Station PA. long ago.

Thanks for the memories, that is what pictures from down east do for me. The erosional formations are familiar also I used to stop in the WI. Dells area when traveling the North route to S. Dakota and beyond. I know it's not the Dells but they reminded me of those trips also.

Thanks Don,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-27-2010, 11:02 AM

driftless will become famous soon enoughdriftless will become famous soon enough

Ard,
It is indeed the Dells. You are welcome to come back and fish here whenever you like. The Pheobes are friends to me as well. There is always room for a kindred soul. Though you might have to crash on my couch if you do come back one day. It is my blessing that these pics have brought back to you a memory. Thank you!

Be Well,
Don
Old 07-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

WOW I was right!

Thanks for the invite, it has been a long time since I have been there. I often thought of stopping the trip right there one year but I always pushed on. I was hooked on exploration and thought if there were no snow capped mountains it was too close to home.

I've matured a bit since those times and now can have quite an expedition just prowling my own back yard. It is nothing short of amazing the wonders that you rush past on your way to what you think or have been told is better. I do a lot of sniffing the roses these days.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;