The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 08:02 PM

half fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nice
Default Re: trigger finger/thumb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
I had no idea this sort of stuff was common, or that it had a name. Every once in a while I'll move my right hand 'just so' and I'm squirting tears.
Across the palm just below the knuckles.

That sounds different from the trigger finger I had. With trigger finger, you can't straighten your bent finger. It "catches" and seems stuck. You can use your other hand to move it straight, and with me the pain was minor. I didn't have any pain in the palm.

======================================
Jesus said, "Go fishing!" (Luke 5:4). He said nothing about monthly reports, budgets, cost variances, manpower planning, or orders forecasts.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:13 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by half fast View Post
That sounds different from the trigger finger I had. With trigger finger, you can't straighten your bent finger. It "catches" and seems stuck. You can use your other hand to move it straight, and with me the pain was minor. I didn't have any pain in the palm.
Hear you, and that's when the straight out the fingers comes into play. And Sweet Jesus does that hurt. Hell of it is, is the 'odd off' just happens.

fae
Old 05-11-2013, 08:50 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough

Yep, seeing stars. And imagine how it affects tying tiny flies on skinny leaders.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again for your input fellas. been away from the computer for a couple days so I haven't been able to respond easily.

I would really like to avoid the injections and surgery, especially the surgery, so I'll give the Glucosamine a shot. It's funny though, because I've been thinking about trying the stuff for other aches and paines in my shoulders, elbows, and knees anyway.

Getting older really sucks!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 05-11-2013, 10:25 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysh View Post

Getting older really sucks!
Trust me, the 'alternative(s) is/are even worse.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hell Fred, dying doesn't scare me as long as I go quickly.
Now, what does scare me....is the pain and suffering associated with a severe prolonged illness or disease. Seen too many friends and family rot away from the dreaded 'C' word, that stuff is the worst.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 05-12-2013, 03:55 AM

Hear you John. In the greater/extended family we've all be able to avoid that, but did have two who came down with Alzheimer. Gut buster to watch an otherwise healthy person roll back to the IQ of a two year old.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:28 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Nick exactly what I've had.

half fast your Glucosamine might be worth a try.
Brian
I had joint problems my Doc recommend get the powder form on line from Glucosamine.com worked for me just mix with water and drink . It takes a while but works.
fysh likes this.