The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   Well in Southern Oregon's finally hit $4.00/gallon. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/320266-well-southern-oregons-finally-hit-4-00-gallon.html)

fredaevans 05-23-2013 07:13 PM

Well in Southern Oregon's finally hit $4.00/gallon.

Many stations at $3.99.9, one Chevron Station (in Medford) was at $4.06.9

The 'real value' of the Dollar has come home to roost?

Poke 'Em 05-23-2013 07:20 PM

Re: Well in Southern Oregon's finally hit $4.00/gallon.

Or we need to build more refineries in this country.

mcnerney 05-23-2013 07:21 PM

Gas here in Pinedale, WY is at $3.75, but there are only three stations and they keep the prices artificially high, you go down to Rock Springs or over to Jackson and the prices are usually 10-25 cents cheaper. Go figure!

brookfieldangler 05-23-2013 07:43 PM

Welcome to quatro. Once you start seeing 4.40+ you'll be wishing it was only 4. Head games I say!

oarfish 05-23-2013 07:47 PM

Fred your lucky were at 4.39 and we only have a single station here in my little town. I can see fuel at over 5 bucks this summer.

Rick

fredaevans 05-23-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oarfish (Post 558898)
Fred your lucky were at 4.39 and we only have a single station here in my little town. I can see fuel at over 5 bucks this summer.

Rick

Given where you are Rick, that wouldn't surprise me at all. These are the times when you have a written shopping list before you head off to the store.

half fast 05-23-2013 08:44 PM

Fortunately, the price of a 5-gallon can and a few feet of garden hose is still about the same......

Hardyreels 05-23-2013 08:51 PM

The price here has only been below $4 about a month ago for a short while. Bush gas is $7.00 so you better barge a barrel in on every trip these days.

There is little point in trying to reason this out. If the oceans were full of crude oil instead of salt water you would still have to pay at the pump. Unless you own a cow you pay the current price of milk too.

Let's not try to figure out who is to blame on this thread, Please..............

Ard

fredaevans 05-23-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 558925)
The price here has only been below $4 about a month ago for a short while. Bush gas is $7.00 so you better barge a barrel in on every trip these days.

There is little point in trying to reason this out. If the oceans were full of crude oil instead of salt water you would still have to pay at the pump. Unless you own a cow you pay the current price of milk too.

Let's not try to figure out who is to blame on this thread, Please..............

Ard

Not to worry Ard, no intent to start an 'on line' rant thread. I just found it odd that the price of our Petrol has gone up just short of fifty cents a gallon in two weeks.

Question was posited as 'Just us, or is this now common around the US?' For context, the end of the 'gas pipe' is (if memory serves) Eugene, Oregon so anything going south from there comes by tanker truck. 100+ miles full and 100+ back empty.

Fred

chased 05-23-2013 10:05 PM

Two days ago here in Sidney Nebraska I paid 3.83 a gallon. Today I hopped over the border into Pines Bluff Wyoming and paid only 3.65 a gallon. Every time I'm in Wyoming I try to fill up because it is cheaper. Something to do with having no tax on gas there I guess.