The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 9 Post By busbus
  • 2 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By busbus
  • 1 Post By jaybo41
  • 1 Post By theboz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 07:11 PM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Thumbs up to Jaybo!

Jason: !!

I want to publicly thank you for passing along your old rod to me this evening. That was an extremely nice gesture.

I had posted a thread talking about acquiring a cheap-o short rod that was around a 4wt so I could get into tight places where I have been fishing. Jason was kind enough to offer me an old rod he had that he never used any more.

He even put on a new reel seat and cork handle! It is in perfect condition and looks like it has never been used. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have received it. I wanted to try it out in the yard as soon as I got home but about ten minutes after I walked in the door, a horrific thunderstorm started and it is still raining over an hour later, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. (DOH!!!)

I know this little thing will let me get into at least a dozen places around the closest little lake to me that I can 'almost' get to and/or cast from but the nine-foot rod I have now simply keeps getting in the way.

Even though that makes me as happy as a monkey with a peanut machine because I have a new toy, I am even happier that now I can bring my boy out with me and we can both have a fly rod in our hands.

Jason, I really appreciate your selflessness. And you say all you want is for me to pass it--or something--along, well, you got it. I think I will now be on the lookout to do something like this the next time the chance presents itself. And probably several more times, at least, for good measure.

Thanks again,
ray
Old 06-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thumbs up to Jaybo!

Congrats Jason, way to go! As Kelly would say playing it forward, it doesn't get any better than that!
chi flyfisher and yonder like this.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:23 PM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice

pics or it never happened...

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 PM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
pics or it never happened...
Oh, it happened...it happened! I ain't so good at this...but here goes. If this does not work, somebody needs to tell me how to do this.........

Click the image to open in full size.

enolaeagle likes this.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:09 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Thumbs up to Jaybo!

Thanks for the kind words, I was very happy to do it. Enjoy the rod and more important, time on the water with your son Ray. Paying it forward is a very rewarding feeling.

P.S. I don't see the photos, just a blue ? but I know it happened!
enolaeagle likes this.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:23 PM

How do you put a picture into the body of a post? I see this in FAQ, but I cannot find the "Manage Attachments" button...maybe I am just a doofus!

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I added some pictures in the Gallery under this section: Fishing Tackle Photos

Does that work?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ray
First off you need to realize that the forum does not allow you to upload a photo directly from your computer to a post. There are a couple different methods, probably the easiest is to create an account on a third party site like PhotoBucket, upload your photos there and then use the little yellow rectangular icon that is above the area you type in a post, you use that icon to link from the third party site to your post. The other method is to create a photo gallery/album on this site, upload your photos there (100 kb max size) then again use the little yellow icon to link the photo into a post. Here is a more detailed description.
A Few Tips For Posting Pictures To The Forums;

Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Thumbs up to Jaybo!

I love when people do good things ! Good job man !:th mbup:
yonder likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser