The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 05:15 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink This is so bad as a joke it's GREAT!

This afternoon's e-mails.

"Don't blame me, I just forwarded it........

Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently,
and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all
the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death
appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks
and claws.

By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks,
while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages
of truck kills versus car kills.

Scroll down. Remember, you opened it. This is great!!

The Ornithological Behaviorist very quickly concluded the cause: when crows eat road kill, they always have a
look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.

The conclusion was that while all the lookout crows could say "Cah", none could say "Truck."
Old 07-01-2013, 05:35 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: This is so bad as a joke it's GREAT!

[QUOTE=fredaevans;568734]...
The conclusion was that while all the lookout crows could say "Cah", .../QUOTE]

..., and here I thought I was going to read about more proof that MA should administer an alphabet test (and a blinkah test) which need to be passed with 100% accuracy before issuing a Driver's License.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

"Cah!" Thud!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:38 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Haha! Ever try hitting one? Good luck!!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 07-02-2013, 12:55 AM

mtdave is on a distinguished road

Got gophers ?
Old 07-02-2013, 07:25 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdave View Post
Got gophers ?
After the Vineyards, lived on the side of Mt. Roxie Ann in East Medford. GOD HOW I HATE THOSE DAMNED THINGS!

Great landscaping, etc., then "The Mound From Hell!" in the back yard. Then another, and another, and, and, and. Short of a Napalm bombing run there was no way to kill the damned things fast enough.

Thousands of acres of dry ground behind me, and a soft wet yard in front. Finally tossed in the 'financial towel' and hired an exterminator company. That cost Big Bucks as they were out 'doing their thing' every week for close to three months.

I HATE THEM!!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:01 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

discrete gopher control:
Diana RWS 34 Panther Striker Combo by RWS

get the .22 and use the gold pellets. be sure to use the compressor oil before important or distance shots.

the .17 with the gold pellets goes super sonic and you get that tell tale "SNAP" that only one thing makes.

(Use Weaver scope mounts, be sure that set screw is in place and mount the scope mounts to the beaael with red lock light. Otherwise the scope creeps.)
Old 07-03-2013, 09:06 AM

rogue runner is on a distinguished road

Non discreet gopher controlClick the image to open in full size.
This is what we use, but the neighbors aren't very close

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Meep....Meep.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:21 AM

Exclamation Re: This is so bad as a joke it's GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue runner View Post
Non discreet gopher controlClick the image to open in full size.
This is what we use, but the neighbors aren't very close

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Now that's one SERIOUS bit of equipment!