The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By JoJer
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Until you've met a 'Southern Police Officer' you really havn't met a Police Officer.

Some e-mails are far better than others .....

"These are actual comments made by South Carolina Troopers that were taken off their car videos:

1. "You know, stop lights don't come any redder than the one you just went through."

2. "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while."

3. "If you take your hands off the car, I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document." (My Favorite)

4. "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

5. "Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? Because that's the speed of the bullet that'll be chasing you." (LOVE IT)

6. "You don't know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can write anything I want to on the ticket, huh?"

7. "Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh, did I mention that I'm the shift supervisor?"

8. "Warning! You want a warning? O.K, I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

9. "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

10. "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and corn dogs and step in monkey poop."

11. "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

12. "In God we trust; all others we run through NCIC." ( National Crime Information Center )

13. "Just how big were those 'two beers' you say you had?"

14. "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we can."

15. "I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail."

AND THE WINNER IS....

16.. "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't.
Sign here."
mcnerney, kglissmeyer1 and theboz like this.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:16 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Until you've met a 'Southern Police Officer' you really havn't met a Police Offi

[QUOTE=fredaevans;570984]Some e-mails are far better than others .....

14. "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we can."

"We can write as many as we WANT" I've used that one myself. Maybe it helps that I did my OJT in Biloxi.
mcnerney likes this.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Until you've met a 'Southern Police Officer' you really havn't met a Police Offi

Personal, true, and unforgettable experience.
We got pulled over by an officer in N.Georgia, just south of GSMNP. May 1978
He comes up to the window....

"You been nippin' boys ?"

Old 07-09-2013, 01:39 PM

tbum2020 is on a distinguished road

What about these Montana Fish and game wardens from the TV show "Wardens". Sadly, sometimes I have a hard time not laughing...
Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

There is a park ranger is one Missouri State Park that has the ability to turn any minute infraction into a verbal altercation. He approaches everyone with sarcasm and self-righteousness. He is the only ranger I have ever complained about and I have met many others who avoid a beautiful park because this one guy is so antagonistic. I'm not going to mention the park. If you REALLY want to know, just PM me...lol!
Old 07-09-2013, 04:15 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Not the same guy; but same attitude. Driven for hours and exhausted. Pulled over in a Park and laying on the grass next to my car dead asleep. Boot kicking on the bottom of my shoes. Nothing about me looked like a 'vagrant.' Driving a two year old Mercedes Benz, white shirt and suit pants.

'Move on or I'll have to arrest you' conversation ensued. I let him arrest me; Judge apologized when I told him I was not safe to drive, needed some sleep and there no motels in the area that I know of. 'Until you've slept in a rain filled slit trench you don't understand the need for sleep. Sleeping on dry ground is a good deal.'

Asked the Bailiff for my wallet and asked are these your business cards? Vice President Rainier Bank Corporation.

He had. My MB out of impound, day in a half in a local hotel and all meals furnished. Had Dinner and Breakfast with the Gentleman. He was retired JAG Officer and had people standing before him who couldn't even talk any more and none do to drinking.

Edit: He did ask if there was any trace of alcohol in him, on him or in the MB. "No"
mridenour likes this.