The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Administrator

cb is just really nicecb is just really nicecb is just really nicecb is just really nice
Default Drag Racing the British Way!

Hardyreels, jpbfly and fredaevans like this.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Drag Racing the British Way!

Outstanding!

Icons pretty well sums that up Colin. I see new Land Rovers / Cruisers often but seldom a Spitfire in such condition. That is an amazing piece of footage, especially the finish!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-18-2013, 11:50 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

LOVED IT! The very last line is a corker: "Best of three?"
Old 07-18-2013, 12:24 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

I marvel at the beauty of the Spitfire in flight. They look so perfect that the impression is that had man not created the Spitfire, nature would have.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Dave 'Nature' had a huge part in play designing the aircraft wing.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:42 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Actually Dave 'Nature' had a huge part in play designing the aircraft wing.
I had read that. It was clearly inspired by nature.

On any given day, I can't decide which is more beautiful; the Spitfire or the Mustang. It usually depends on which one I'm looking at at the moment.

The Range Rover I can take or leave...but if I would take it, it would be grand theft because I definitely can't afford to buy one.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:50 PM

Real thing between these two aircraft was 'home defense,' or long range bomber protection. Both (and others) were surpurbe at the job. The Brit 'Hurricane' was the heavy lifter, not the 'Spit.'
Old 07-18-2013, 06:43 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Goodness that new Range Rover has some Grunt.
The Poms are good at thinking these thing up.
I've watched where another Fighter racer a Red Bull Open Wheeler.
I can also remember another one I think it was The Top Gear Crew who done a similar thing with a Porsche.
Brian
Old 07-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

That was awesome! Great video and race.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:49 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

Incredible....

That's it I am buying a Splitfire.
pa dave likes this.