The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By caseywise
  • 1 Post By cavdvr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 07:52 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Custom Vest

Does anyone know a place that makes fishing vests? I know someone who wants a custom fly fishing vest made for a non-fishing purpose - they want to choose the fabric color, pocket size / etc. Might also want something written on the back. I've done the google search but am wondering if anyone has personal knowledge or experience.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Custom Vest

Hi William,

I can't help and have been thinking of posting some photos of my old vest in a completely unrelated thread. I'll do this right now, the person who did mine doesn't make vests but you'll see what was done soon as I load the pictures.

Stand by
caseywise likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-25-2013, 08:34 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

been years since i've dealt with them, but contact these guys
NOMAR - Outdoor clothing with Polartec PolarfleeceŽ, Bags & Luggage, and fisheries Supplies and from NOMAR in Homer Alaska
kinda a shot in the dark, but who knows.

casey
williamhj likes this.

ARFE
Old 07-25-2013, 11:41 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

You did'nt mention what the vest might be for. There are vests designed for motorcycle riding, vests made for photographers, and concealed carry vests for handgun owners. You can also get military style M.O.L.E. vests and put any size or style of pouch or pocket combination together that might be desired. Google can take you to any of those.
And.....any city in the country must have a few people who supplement their income doing custom sewing and garment repair. Most dry cleaners have a tailor shop they recommend. A tailor could put together a vest that your friend could design. Hope that gives you some help on the "vest quest "
Old 07-26-2013, 12:23 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the feedback! Casey, I sent them an email and will see where it goes. Ard, I'll go check for the picture!

Siege, yes I've been following the wonderful google trail, more wondering if anyone had experience or knowledge about buying a 'custom' vest. It isn't for anything as specific as you listed. Its for a company that wants the visual of a fly fishing vest in a particular color (TBD).

Thanks
Old 07-26-2013, 08:04 AM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Oh, gotcha. I was in a sporting goods store Saturday, and all the employees were wearing fly fishing vests. The place was new to me, Element Outfitters. The staff was easy to locate, dressed like that. The vests, however were just plain 'ol tan.
If all else fails, he could buy cotton vests and colorfast dye. ....
Old 07-26-2013, 06:57 PM

We'll see where the leads take us, thanks!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:56 AM

cavdvr is on a distinguished road

check the vest gut. The Vest Guy
williamhj likes this.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:21 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

Photoshop the color if the end item is a picture.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I know a french guy who makes short wading vests....
Le Sorguett... Gamme....
might interest you