The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 11:25 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Are you a thread killer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
If there is such a thing as a thread killer then I am a serial killer.
Got that right...

10k+ posts on multiple forums (mainly remodeling) I've killed so many thread that it's crazy
runningfish likes this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-27-2013, 09:05 AM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
Is this thread gonna go anywhere? jk!
Probably not but a good Seinfeld thread is a must at every forum

(now please do a follow up post so I'm not the last one)

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-27-2013, 10:18 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Will the real thread killer please post...We all want to know who you are!

This has the potential to beat Diver Dans Able Nippers thread...

Dave
enolaeagle likes this.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Will the real thread killer please post...We all want to know who you are!

This has the potential to beat Diver Dans Able Nippers thread...

Dave
Can you imagine all the people that viewed this thread that are afraid to post now
bigjim5589 likes this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-29-2013, 02:40 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

A Thread killer is a real thing...And it's me. Not only threads but conversations, acquaintances. It's part of a package. That's why I'm 58 and have no friends.
bigjim5589, jpbfly and enolaeagle like this.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 07-29-2013, 02:46 PM
mridenour

I have killed threads by starting them.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:43 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Great threads never die, they just fade away. Just try to kill One Word. milt
bigjim5589 and jpbfly like this.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

What's worse than being the last post on a thread is when you are the first - second or third and write a thorough answer if the thread starter ask a question. Or maybe just a thoughtful reply only to find that many other posters in their rush to reply failed to notice that you had taken time to write a short article in reply. This can make you feel as if you were wasting time & effort.

Then there are the questions to which I offer a reply based on my own experience over many years. These are sometimes followed by posts loaded with you Tube links - cut & paste essay's or a reference to what some expert says about the topic.

Me, I only tell someone what I think I know based on what I have actually done. I don't refer to experts or paste links. I've always felt that this is a person to person exchange of knowledge kind of forum. I figure that everyone posting has a computer and can Google search so why should I be combing the net and pasting second hand info.

Yeah sometimes I'm the last post but I hadn't left that bother me so far

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-19-2014, 09:10 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

There are threadstarters and threadkillers, but imathreadresuscitator. milt
jpbfly and enolaeagle like this.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:41 PM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

I don't have anything of substance to add. I just didn't want to get into any trouble from Larry for viewing this thread without commenting.
bigjim5589, jpbfly and tx_newb like this.