The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 05:31 AM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: How do you bring home the bacon?

I'm an Account Manager in the printing industry for medical, technical, and scientific journals.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:26 AM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all

Retired, Divisional Manager of a Maritime construction firm, now Wood Gundy delivers my slab of bacon each month.
mcnerney and enolaeagle like this.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:35 AM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Retired retail clothing now work as instructional asst. high school special ed.
littledavid123 and mbchilton like this.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:48 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

I work for NC-DOT Bridge Supervisor over all the crews in my county.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:45 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

I like to say I'm semi-retired but I still put in 40/week. Spent 25 years in the banking industry but got fed up with the mickey mouse stuff that was going on so I went to shift work. I show up and do what they say and I go home when the bell rings. I work in the office now but still punch the clock, and schedule outbound loads of food product that ship to most of the major food retailers on the east side of the Mississippi. I find it hard to believe that a warehouse environment can be stressful, but not anywhere near like banking.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:50 PM

superbike1 is on a distinguished road

Retired Marine and Full time student. Studying to do something else!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:56 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: How do you bring home the bacon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike1 View Post
Retired Marine and Full time student. Studying to do something else!
Good on You!!

Fred
Old 07-29-2013, 07:01 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

I'm a clothing salesman for a small independent shop. I love the retail business, and would like to have my own store someday soon.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:11 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbchilton View Post
I'm a clothing salesman for a small independent shop. I love the retail business, and would like to have my own store someday soon.
Do it!!! When I started my company it was the scariest time of my life. It was such a great feeling but obviously taking the risk of failure. I'm pretty hardnosed though so I've hung in there strong for 5 years now. This year has been the best so far being that I'm booked solid to November at this point. There's a lot of ups and downs but I've learned to take things in stride and stay calm (that's where fishing helps too)

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-29-2013, 10:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Sat across from 'you' in the Bank and wrote the cheque. Mostly right, a few times wrong. I was willing to take that 'risk.'

fae