The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 12:31 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light
Default How do you bring home the bacon?

Just wondering what ya'll do (or did) for a living to support your home, bills, fishing addiction etc...

I'm a kitchen and bathroom remodeler. Here's some cell phone shots of some of my recent handy work. (Some were taken in progress)

Click the image to open in full size.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-28-2013, 12:36 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How do you bring home the bacon?

Retired, mostly.

I still do a small amount of consulting work on contract to one former employer.
enolaeagle likes this.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:40 PM

amertens is on a distinguished road

Exploratory core driller. But also construction contractor, welder, and mechanic for a couple different small business's on my down time. I like variety.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:48 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by amertens View Post
Exploratory core driller. But also construction contractor, welder, and mechanic for a couple different small business's on my down time. I like variety.
I need more variety... I'm always cooped up in a bathroom. Word got around and that kinda became my niche. Not complaining but somedays I want to work in a different room of the house

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-28-2013, 12:49 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Nice work on the kitchen and bath. I wish I had those skills to do that type of work.

I'm the Chief Operating Officer of an insurance brokerage firm.

Cheers,
Mike.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:56 PM

pleasantvalley is on a distinguished road

Packaging line lead at a brewery here. Always a good supply of "special fishing medicine" that can't be sold.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:13 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

I drive a tractor trailer for Dominos Pizza. My route is in DE & on MD's Eastern Shore. I start my 18th year in August.
littledavid123 and enolaeagle like this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:49 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

You do nice work. I admire your craftsmanship. I remodeled 2 bathrooms at my house, and believe me, they did not turn out as beautifuly as those. I still have my kitchen to do. ( feel free to drop in ! )
I do financial recovery during the week, and still do a little security work on weekends. Not so much, any more, 'cause I'm getting too old for that shi...er...stuff.
Fly fishing can be a great " de-stresser "
enolaeagle likes this.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:56 PM

rogue runner is on a distinguished road

I don't bring home Bacon, I bring home beef! I'm a ranch crew foreman, for one of those fortune five hundred guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Meep....Meep.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:10 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Philosopher...........

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton