The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By trout trekker
  • 2 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By siege

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Grrrrr! I'm not allowed for fish!

I'm on worker's comp for my carpal tunnel syndrome and the doctor informed me if I fly fish while under her care my claim will be denied.

Apparently they have the worker's comp insurance has investigators following me around to make sure I'm not doing anything outside of work that is the cause. This I understand is necessary, because of everyone who scams the system. Nevertheless, I'm not a very happy camper.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:07 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Grrrrr! I'm not allowed for fish!

Did you get it from catching too many carp? I hope you get better soon and can get back to fishing.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:40 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Either close those window blinds or put down the bobbin and scissors.

Who watches the watcher?

TT
FlyBum likes this.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
Either close those window blinds or put down the bobbin and scissors.

Who watches the watcher?

TT
I will neither confirm nor denigh!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Tom: Best of luck with the recovery! This would be easier to take if it was winter, oh well, make the best of it.

Larry
FlyBum and yonder like this.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:42 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of

Sounds like it's time for a road trip. I'm sure there are places you could go where no one would recognize you.

You know, " a fly on the sly" !

Maybe we could put together a venue swap, or a program for fishermen that works like the witness protecrion program, only it would be temporary !

Time to hit the road.
FlyBum likes this.