The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By jimp
  • 1 Post By pa dave
  • 1 Post By siege

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 04:32 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default 100 pounds of a Good Thing.

I work nights and a 'day sleeper' for all practical purposes. 0220 and go into the bedroom and 100 pounds of 10 year old Yellow Lab flaked out on my pillow. Sit on side of bed and stroke his head. Body wiggle and a 'Hurrumph' woof and nose /head snuggled into my lap.

This is a good thing.

fae

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

0230 and guess who just walked into my office. Fur Face and a very wet nose. I WANT DOGGIE TREATS!.

One must submit!

fae
swampdonkey, pa dave and yonder like this.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:45 AM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 100 pounds of a Good Thing.

not too many things better than a furry wet nose wanting a scratch anytime of the day.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:04 AM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Dogs are a very good thing. Please give yours a gentle scratch behind the ears for me.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:05 AM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of

It's nice having a partner that is always around, doesn't complain about the hours you keep, and is happy to be there for you.
Sounds like a keeper, Fred
fredaevans likes this.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:27 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Part Pitbull, part Dalmatian, and all sweet as she can be! She's about 55 lbs, and has been a God Send! Around us, our kids or grand kids she's wonderful. She even loves the sister in law's cat!

But, don't walk into my house unannounced! Her Pit side takes over & she's quite protective!

I work mostly at night too, plus odd hours and she's always happy to see me when I return!

Click the image to open in full size.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:20 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
Part Pitbull, part Dalmatian, and all sweet as she can be! She's about 55 lbs, and has been a God Send! Around us, our kids or grand kids she's wonderful. She even loves the sister in law's cat!

But, don't walk into my house unannounced! Her Pit side takes over & she's quite protective!

I work mostly at night too, plus odd hours and she's always happy to see me when I return!

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/bigjim5589/100_4443.jpg

Yours doesn't show the Dalmatian as much as my brother's Half Pit/Half Dalmatian. When he told me he was getting this I thought "Well that's gonna be a handful" but in reality he's very sweet and very mellow.

Me, I'm in love with Brittanies.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:48 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: 100 pounds of a Good Thing.

All good things. Only thing on Earth that thinks more highly of you, than 'You?' An open Heart and you will be, maybe be, the best that you can be, holding/looking/nuzzling a Dog's face? Total Trust on both parties?

That may sound like 'anti-people,' but a good Dog is/are, what they are? Cats? Love them, but they are quite some thing different. Lets not go there .......
Old 08-11-2013, 10:58 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Quote:
All good things. Only thing on Earth that thinks more highly of you, than 'You?' An open Heart and you will be, maybe be, the best that you can be, holding/looking/nuzzling a Dog's face? Total Trust on both parties?
Fred, I can agree with you on that!

There's a joke that really tells the truth about dogs & their loyalty. It says lock your wife or GF in the trunk of a car for several hours, along with your dog & see which one is happy to see you when you open the trunk lid!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 AM

Remember reading that, and so true.