The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 6 Post By silver creek
  • 1 Post By williamhj
  • 4 Post By wolfglen
  • 1 Post By comeonavs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 02:21 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off Topic and for Dog Lovers Only

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 08-12-2013, 05:26 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off Topic and for Dog Lovers Only

Food and tennis balls, two of my dog's favorite things.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:29 PM

wolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nice

Just got another dog myself from a malamute rescue mission. Three year old dog. I'd been searching for a good dog here for quite some time after losing my last one apparently an English setter, Aussie, Collie mix. Nothing in any of the shelters down here except for rodent dogs (those about the size of an armadillo or possum) other than pit bulls and rotts and those are usually there because of a real problem.

I think that he ended up in the shelter from a pulling problem common to sled dogs. It took me only three days to break him of that. If any of you have a dog with a pulling problem, here's how to correct it. Take a 100' leash and walk them on a trail. Hold the rope coiled so you have him (okay, or her for you politically correct folks, ha ha) on a short lead. When he pulls and wants to run, let him go and turn to walk the other way. When he comes to the end of his rope and realizes that you're headed the other way, he should turn and come running, right past you. At that point, you turn and walk the other way.

He soon learns that he has nothing to gain but that.

Next step is when he's going out, you duck into the bushes to hide and he'll now have to search for you.

It doesn't take long until he stops the REAL pulling and just wants to stay out ahead a little with that weaving from one side to the other. Then you just say "Wait, Whoa or what ever" and step on the rope.

That done, it's the sit and stay, that took another day.

Next it's teaching him that the chickens are his friends.

This is my fifth sled dog. two malamutes, two samoyeds and a husky/shepherd mix. The husky/ shep was the only one that I couldn't handle.

So, he's now the new Wolfglen mascot.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:24 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

That was awesome, thanks for sharing Silver
mcnerney likes this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 02-26-2015, 09:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Silver: Thanks for sharing that was great!

Jack: Thanks for the tips, I'm definitely going to put them to good use.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:14 AM

fly_rover is on a distinguished road

I'm not 100% sure what I just watched, but I think the dog who had the job of eating the poured food probably had the best job.