The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 01:17 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Having dealt with Citibank, I can belive this.

Had a minor issue on a Citibank account and this was the direction the phone call went. Finally just went into a Branch and they 'sorted it out' in just a couple of minutes.

fae
SHOULD CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD BEFORE I DIE?

Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die! This is

so priceless, and so easy to see happening, customer

service being what it is today.

A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for February

and March for their annual service charges on her credit card and

added late fees and interest on the monthly charge.

The balance had been $0.00 when she died, but now somewhere

around $60.00. A family member placed a call to Citibank.

Here is the exchange :

Family Member:;

'I am calling to tell you she died back in January.

Citibank:;

The account was never closed and the late fees and
charges still apply.'

'Maybe you should turn it over to collections.'

Since it is two months past due, it already has been.'

Family Member:
So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?'

'Either report her account to frauds division or report
her to the credit bureau, maybe both!'

'Do you think God will be mad at her?'

'Excuse me?'

'Did you just get what I was telling you -

the part about her being dead?'

Citibank;:

'Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor.'

Supervisor gets on the phone:;

Family Member: ;

'I'm calling to tell you, she died back in January

with a $0 balance.'

'The account was never closed and late fees and

charges still apply.'

'You mean you want to collect from her estate?'

Citibank;Stammer)

'Are you her lawyer?'

'No, I'm her great nephew.' (Lawyer info was given)

Citibank:

'Could you fax us a certificate of death?'

'Sure.' (Fax number was given)

After they get the fax :

Citibank:

'Our system just isn't setup for death. I don't know

what more I can do to help.'

'Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just

keep billing her. She won't care.'

Citibank:
'Well, the late fees and charges will still apply.'

(What is wrong with these people?!?)

'Would you like her new billing address?'

'That might help....'

'Odessa Memorial Cemetery , Highway 129,

Plot Number 69.'

Citibank;:
'Sir, that's a cemetery!'

Family Member:

'And what do you do with dead people on your planet???'

(Priceless!!) And you wondered why Citibank needed help from

the Feds?
bigjim5589, jaybo41 and lacanadio like this.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:01 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Having dealt with Citibank, I can belive this.

Have read that before, always a perfect example of how brain "dead" people can be at times. Good for a laugh every time. Guess I have to include myself at times, but hopefully never to that extent.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:24 PM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice

Similar issues happened with my dad when his dad died... they have the same first name and middle initial so when mail was returned it ended up getting forwarded to my dad. He ended up battling call centers for various accounts which were mostly in bombei india...

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 08-18-2013, 02:52 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

My father went the other direction. He knew he was going to die soon so he liquidated most assets and maxed his credit cards. Spent almost everything in Mexico and when he finally did pass, he had no estate left for the creditors to pursue. They tried coming after us, the kids, but that didn't last long and they eventually just closed the matter. I know that doesn't do any of us any good but, he was a devious character.

Last edited by innes; 08-18-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:56 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Fred, this is not surprising! When my father passed, my mother went through some similar issues.

This seems to be a problem with corporate America these days, not just in the banking segment.

My wife, my eldest son & myself all work for large companies, and are all having some issues with management above us. My issue is that my immediate bosses have no clue what I do, except they know I drive a truck. They're responsible for about 50 drivers & for making sure we do what we're supposed to be doing, yet they don't know what that is!

My wife's got a new boss, and he's asking her for all kinds of reports, that doesn't even pertain to her job or dept. She's now spending a lot of time in meetings, and her productive time has been limited because of it & her new boss can't understand why she's not being productive. Hell, they have meetings to plan the next meeting! How brain dead can you be?

My son is in an interim position, because his boss got promoted. His new boss, there for a week, has no back ground at all in what they do in my son's dept, which is IT Security. So, he's going thru the same problems as my wife, with meetings & being asked for reports that have nothing to do with his job or dept. DUH!

My wife & I were discussing this Friday night, and she said that these big companies hire management all the time who have no idea what the people under them do! If they don't know what people do, how the heck do they manage them?

I've gotten to the point now with my bosses, that whenever I have to deal directly with them, my first inclination is to say "Please, take you head out of your butt, so we can talk!"

HOW, oh HOW, do we get anything accomplished in this country any more!
fredaevans likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:35 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

"My wife's got a new boss, and he's asking her for all kinds of reports, that doesn't even pertain to her job or dept. She's now spending a lot of time in meetings, and her productive time has been limited because of it & her new boss can't understand why she's not being productive. Hell, they have meetings to plan the next meeting! How brain dead can you be?"

Soooo hear you. Worked for one company as a Department Head (and I did know what my staff did from top to bottom) and Executive Management said 'Let's reorganize!' Words from hell .....

I'd reported to the same fellow (who did know what I did for a living) and now I have a 'new boss' between he and me. Talk about a frinckin disaster. After a few months of that I stuck my head into Mike's office and a 'have a couple of minutes?' Operational question, got a go-ahead and he asked if I'd asked 'my new boss?'

Flat told him 'I wouldn't ask her for the time of day.' That got his attention .....

Conversation expanded to 'have you seen her Resume, it's qute impressive.' Answer was yes and I had and the one thing that struck me is she never lasted more than two years in anyone of those places. 'Great hire on paper and it took them a year to figure out they'd made a real mistake and another year to get rid of her.'

Worked 'there' for seven and a half years and resigned a couple of months later. My 'ex-boss' lasted another six or seven months.

Fred
Old 08-18-2013, 09:41 AM

plecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really nice

How many times have you looked at a Dilbert cartoon strip and said "I was in that meeting just last week."

Or

"I know that guy (girl). I work with him every day."

If you haven't seen it, buy or rent the movie 'Office Space'.
fredaevans and pa dave like this.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:57 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

I guess this explains it!

Dilbert

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 08-18-2013, 12:20 PM

Great link! Loved it ... even if I did kill 30 minutes ....

Fred
Old 08-18-2013, 12:21 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

When I was promoted into middle management as a Team Leader in Account Management, my position evolved into so many useless projects, reports, and meetings that I was left with no time to keep up with what the team was dealing with or what their actual workloads and problems were. I was becoming of no use to my team, and that was the part of the job that appealed to me in the first place. The best day I ever had in that job was the day I asked to move back into Account Management and they said yes. My timing was perfect because the day after it was approved, we lost another Team Leader and one they were in the process of hiring decided not to take the position. They would have said no. Now our Team Leaders are just as clueless and even more powerless to help out. The problem goes to the top. If they moved me up again, I would have to quit. Life is too short to deal with that garbage.