The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 02:21 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Ronin," a movie I've just got to buy.

Remember the Steve McQueen movie where he's in the car chase in San Francisco? CHILD'S PLAY

If you've ever driven in inner city streets in Europe, most are (maybe?) 30 foot wide, and their SCREAMING! No idea who the real 'stunt driver's' are, but they are good, like really, really good!

If you get 'lost in back streets' you can be 'close to toast' even in the smallest car you can rent. Back thought on the 'rent,' take their auto insurance offer! Never put a 'ding' in a rental, but was in places (lost) where I had to fold in the rear view mirrors, it was that tight.

Streets were designed to be very narrow for military protection.

So endth the lesson.

Edit: One last thought. You're in Rome. Park the car and walk, a street name can change every 100 yards. I kid you not! Out of walking distance, take a cab.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ronin," a movie I've just got to buy.

You'll also like that Fred
Old 08-17-2013, 03:09 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: "Ronin," a movie I've just got to buy.

Loved them!

:d
Old 08-21-2013, 05:32 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "Ronin," a movie I've just got to buy.

I drove full size 70's Chevy and Dodge S/wagons and Pickups off base in the Azores and Okinawa. It ain't that much fun.

And here's a hint as to how long ago that was...some of those cars and trucks were non-sychro three on the trees.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey