The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 05:40 AM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Need to add body weight; this is a real question!

Start with a doctors visit, and go from there.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:02 AM

Poke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, go see a doctor instead of asking for help on a message.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:56 AM

zum will become famous soon enough

There's a lot of weight gain mixes that body builders use.
Comes in different flavours,add it to a shake.
Brewers yeast comes to mind also,something from my youth.
I will suggest seeing a doctor as well but if your anything like me,it won't be for awhile.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:13 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke 'Em View Post
Exactly............

Dave
Old 08-18-2013, 09:22 AM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke 'Em View Post
I believe that in the original post he states the Saw-Bones has no idea what's going on. I take that to mean he's discussed with the Doc already.

I'd consult a dietitian on how to put on weight the right way. You may want to get a second opinion from another doctor, too. I would go that route as well.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:25 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

I'd ask, pretty forcefully, my doctor to refer me to a doctor or doctors at a nearby teaching or university hospital.

If your doc refuses, find another one.

Don't mess with this.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:54 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Exactly............

Dave
Oh I can assure you I have! Medical tests out the 'ying-yang' and zero/zip/nada has come back. The 'why of the question' is in the past 90'ish days my weight has dropped from 186 to 160 and 90% of that was mussel mass.

Weak as a kitten, an hour on my feet is all I can handle before I'm exhausted.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:09 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Hear you, but never took 'drugs' in my life. Well, a couple of Morphine ampules stuck in my lag. "La-La" time. Look back on that and still scared shxtless of 'drugs.' This may be 'TMI.'

fae

I get it. Did you read the part about my dad being mormon all his life?

He was not happy about the idea either.

I don't know for sure that your situation warrants this, but if in the end it nothing else is working and you are slowly starving to death, Pot is not a completely evil option.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:31 PM

trouton has a spectacular aura abouttrouton has a spectacular aura abouttrouton has a spectacular aura about

While I am not a doc, I did have similar symptoms a few years ago. Lost 60 lbs over six months. Took my doc and several tests 9 months to diagnose my condition as "Achalasia." Google it and if the symptoms sound familiar, ask your doc about it. It is a rare disorder.
Good luck,
Roger
Old 08-18-2013, 03:42 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Need to add body weight; this is a real question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa dave View Post
I believe that in the original post he states the Saw-Bones has no idea what's going on. I take that to mean he's discussed with the Doc already.

I'd consult a dietitian on how to put on weight the right way. You may want to get a second opinion from another doctor, too. I would go that route as well.
Sweet Jesus, you just kicked my brain into gear (MAJOR DUH FRED!)

My Daughter Julie is a 'Clinical Dietitian' and works at Sr. 'Rest Homes.' (Or what ever to proper terms may be.) Making sure these folks (on a meal by meal basis) get properly feed is what she does .....

What makes this 'admission' all the worse is I paid for her University Education (Washington State) and she graduated 2nd in her class with just short of a 4.0.

God, I feel so stupid.
mcnerney likes this.