The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 03:57 PM

siege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need to add body weight; this is a real question!

Ok,Fred, see your daughter, get her opinion, and listen to her advice.

BUT ! the primary problem here is not the weight loss.

The big issue is the cause of the weight loss. You can eat all the good foods and supplements in the world, but that won't help much until somebody figures out why you are losing weight. Did'nt you have a problem with some parasite insested fresh vegetables a while back ? Have you been to an internist yet ?

C'mon Fred, treat the cause, not the symptoms. We all want you to get better soon !
Hardyreels, mcnerney and yonder like this.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:59 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

Fred a few years back I used a product called Weight On and it worked well for me. Get to the saw bones and see what he or she has to say. As I have gotten older it has been natural for me to drop a few pounds, I'm not working very hard any longer and my intake has become more natural with less fat and processed food, get to the doc, please.

Rick
Old 08-19-2013, 04:54 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Fred,

Without any idea of your physical health, your comprehensive metabolic panel, the range of causes of your recent weight loss is a guess. Have you been checked for Cyclosporiasis or congenital heart disease? Just a guess on my part.
My prayers are with you, and see a good Doctor.
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:23 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Sweet Jesus, you just kicked my brain into gear (MAJOR DUH FRED!)

My Daughter Julie is a 'Clinical Dietitian' and works at Sr. 'Rest Homes.' (Or what ever to proper terms may be.) Making sure these folks (on a meal by meal basis) get properly feed is what she does .....

What makes this 'admission' all the worse is I paid for her University Education (Washington State) and she graduated 2nd in her class with just short of a 4.0.

God, I feel so stupid.
We all have those moments Fred, some more than others. I'm moving over to the "some more" group unfortunately. Talk to your daughter, she will be there for you like you were for her. It's what family does.

Last edited by jimp; 08-20-2013 at 05:27 AM. Reason: grammar or typing was horrible LOL
Old 08-19-2013, 05:48 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Got it and message sent!

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Ensure shakes ... just got two 'six pack's,' eat a TV dinner and drink one (started today so no 'feed back,' bad pun intended). That's the hell of being 'single,' even a box of Mac and Cheese with a small bag of Veggies tossed in will take you two days to eat ... and the Yellow Lab will get half out of the bowl.

This is 'You're in deep do-do time.' And I agree with the 'second opinion.'

fae

2 days to eat ?? I can do that in one sitting. just finished 6 ears of corn and a chicken breast and still could eat. I am not over weight in fact I am losing too. dang heart meds put the weight on me. went from 180 to 240 down to 210 now.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 08-19-2013, 06:02 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I 2nd and 3rd previous posts made bring up the idea of trying a little herb or mmj if your state has such modern day laws. I understand the hesitation in not wanting to use "drugs"... But unless you are very holistic and even avoid such drugs as acetaminophen and ibuprofen... You got nothing to lose as acetaminophen is one of the top reasons for ER visits. MJ has no document cases of death(aside from when people die of other things and so happen to have toked a number in the last 2 weeks)... Even now popular mainstream doctor Dr. Sanjay Goopta(sp?) Is a big supporter of mmj. It's honestly worth a look.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Fred,

As you know I've been away in the outback and just found this thread. The problem sounds quite serious and I'll look forward to learning what you find out in the days / weeks ahead.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fred: I'm with the others on this, you need to see another doctor and find out what is the root cause of the weight loss instead of trying to treat the symptoms. Best of luck!

Larry

Larry
Old 08-19-2013, 10:41 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for the support. I live in 'interesting times.' Feel much better, but weak as a new born kitten. An hour in my office chair and I can't even spell to correct a e-mall's spelling.Spell checker is saving my butt. I think.

Get more sleep.

fae
Old 08-20-2013, 11:00 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Fred.........Mrs. Yonder is a Certified Dietary Manager, with around 30 years of experience in "nursing homes, assisted living facilities, etc." She works with resident diets and monitors weight values and food intake, etc. on a daily basis with the Company Dietician, and the nursing staff, under strict state and federal guidelines........I showed her this post......She says to listen to your daughter.........especially, when she tells you to "Get a second medical opinion!!"..........we will be thinking of you.........Yonder and Mrs. Yonder.......

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

Last edited by yonder; 08-20-2013 at 12:26 PM.