The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

View Poll Results: Beer or Bacon?
Beer. 16 44.44%
Bacon. 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 12:48 AM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Beer or bacon?

I would can the bacon... if you dump enough beer in a frying pan and caramelize ham..it will taste like bacon

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 09-15-2013, 07:47 AM

pm287 is on a distinguished road

Beer except for Sunday morning breakfast, with woodcock, laid of a pork loan then smoke, etc.......
Thanks and have a great day
Paul M
Old 09-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Lemmie see if I'm reading the poll right John............ I vote for what I would 'drop' right?

It will have to be the bacon for multiple reasons the first of which is that I only eat it a few times per year. Beer on the other hand is versatile for sure and very filling also. I like full bodied IPA beers like the Mirror Pond IPA from Deschutes Brewing Co. and etc. However I've seldom meta beer that I didn't like.

* Beer never goes bad, at least none of mine ever has.
* A good IPA can sit out on the counter overnight 'opened' and still taste good in the morning.
* You don't have to cook the beer.
* You can eat the beer straight from the package (bottle - can - tap - etc.
There are way too many advantages & qualities to beer for me to even begin to name them all but that was a short list.

Picture this: You like bacon. I like beer. We both go fishing and at noon we decide it's time for a snack. It's raining.

I open a Mirror Pond IPA and begin to enjoy the nourishment in that wonderful package while you are trying to figure out how that bacon will taste raw.............

Taken in moderation beer will never drive your LDL Cholesterol up, not even a tad.
*Great for the kidneys.
*Contains most of the food groups
* If you drink enough you get drunk; try that with bacon

Next time you have people over to watch a Bronco's game........... don't give them a cold one ...............serve Bacon
fyshstykr, fredaevans and duker like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

lmao! It's good to have you back Ard.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 09-15-2013, 03:19 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I so hear Ard. Haven't had a beer in years but do keep them in the fridge for guests. One 'six pack' of Geoge Killian's Irish Red has been in there for at least three years.

The holder, at the moment, is now down to five.

God this stuff tastes GOOD!

fae
Old 09-15-2013, 03:20 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

I'll wash down my bacon with an ice cold IPA, thank you very much. I won't be wearing a tube top either.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:26 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Don't care much for beer. Love bacon by itself and I cook with bacon a lot, too.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 09-15-2013, 07:24 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Why drink beer when there's whiskey.
JoJer and stl_geoff like this.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 PM

Shamus is on a distinguished road

Think I'd drop beer.

Last edited by Shamus; 09-16-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:22 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I would drop beer...bacon is not replaceable...plus with beer gone I can focus more on delicious whiskey.

Storm Drain Bonefisher