Lemmie see if I'm reading the poll right John............ I vote for what I would 'drop' right?
It will have to be the bacon for multiple reasons the first of which is that I only eat it a few times per year. Beer on the other hand is versatile for sure and very filling also. I like full bodied IPA beers like the Mirror Pond IPA from Deschutes Brewing Co. and etc. However I've seldom meta beer that I didn't like.
* Beer never goes bad, at least none of mine ever has.
* A good IPA can sit out on the counter overnight 'opened' and still taste good in the morning.
* You don't have to cook the beer.
* You can eat the beer straight from the package (bottle - can - tap - etc.
There are way too many advantages & qualities to beer for me to even begin to name them all but that was a short list.
Picture this: You like bacon. I like beer. We both go fishing and at noon we decide it's time for a snack. It's raining.
I open a Mirror Pond IPA and begin to enjoy the nourishment in that wonderful package while you are trying to figure out how that bacon will taste raw.............
Taken in moderation beer will never drive your LDL Cholesterol up, not even a tad.
*Great for the kidneys.
*Contains most of the food groups
* If you drink enough you get drunk; try that with bacon
Next time you have people over to watch a Bronco's game........... don't give them a cold one ...............serve Bacon