The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wjc
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 10:51 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Perpetual Overload

Yes, that's what I'm in. But I'm getting better, I now make a list of things to do on a 4x6 index card.

First item nowadays is : "Make a list."

That way I always accomplish something and can cross off at least one item at the end of the day. Index cards are good for this because only ten things will fit on it, but it's easy to set down and lose, so the second item is now "Find the List".

So if I am able to get to number 3 on the list: "Buff out new grab rail", I will have achieved 30% of my objectives today.

Morale is very important to me, and percentages are as important an asset towards that end for me as for the weatherman.

Just a friendly tip to all you semi-retired guys who have way more work now than when gainfully employed.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Perpetual Overload

Jim,

I bring home a list from the cabin every trip, yesterday was no different with a 7 item list coming home with me. Now I have catching up at home to deal with / fishing (the rain quit and the creeks are dropping) and of course that base board and new door frames project I've been chipping away at new trim throughout the house for years. I mill each piece from rough cut lumber so now my excuse is that I need more stock

Yeah, lots to do and then it's back to the cabin with the 'list items' next Thursday to finish getting ready for the coming winter.

This past week I removed the wire mesh that was stapled over the insulation under the building. After replacing some of the R-33 insulation I sealed the whole bottom of the building with 4 X 8 sheets of styro foam. A lovely job when working under a 24 X 32' cabin in a crawl space but I got it done.

Bring on the -45* weather
mcnerney likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-15-2013, 07:26 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Perpetual Overload

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ard
After replacing some of the R-33 insulation I sealed the whole bottom of the building with 4 X 8 sheets of styro foam.
I don't envy you there, Ard. I developed an extreme sensitivity to fiberglass after about 25 years in the construction business without a problem. Started with sinus infections every time I got near fiberglass insulation. Took about 3 times before I figured out what was causing it. Progressed to needing steroids due to incredible skin rash and swelling when exposed.

I drilled just 4 holes last week in fiberglass boat, and found a "solution" other than drugs for miniscule exposure to my wrist. . A floor scrubbing brush in a hot shower with dawn detergent. It felt like I was skinning myself, but I needed no steroids and didn't have much swelling.

Good luck with your project.