The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 02:41 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold
Default Whats your pleasure?

With fall coming, cold fishing days are the norm. I think I may need a flask to take the cold off and shake the shiver on the water. Whats your pleasure in this department? Scotch? Whiskey? Rum?
Old 09-24-2013, 04:21 PM

popperhopper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whats your pleasure?

For a flask I choose Bourbon. But most of what I drink comes in a mason jar.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-24-2013, 05:22 PM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light

Can't get a 2 liter bottle of Coke into a small flask, so I leave the hard stuff till after I have finished fishing and sit down to BS about the big one that got away!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:25 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

It used to be Single Malt 'Whisky' until I got pulled over ... rest was not good. 'Bluw' a .05 but the Officer can deride (pun intended) whether you're 'impaired' regardless of what comes off the needle.

For you not here in Oregon a .05 is not even close to the 'limit.'
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:56 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of

A good thermos full of strong hot chocolate !
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:08 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I'm with Troutnut4: Ice cold coke! And maybe some R&R when I get home.
troutnut4 likes this.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 09-24-2013, 09:33 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

on the water straight.....h20.
a finger or two of oban or balvenie in the evening

casey
mcnerney likes this.

ARFE
Old 09-24-2013, 09:44 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Boy, I hope I didnt sound like a derelict trying to get drunk Thats not it at all. Being drunk is not something I enjoy at all. Just looking for a wee kick on a cold day.

Fred, what brand of scotch do you like? I'm looking for something of pretty good quality as I intend for it to last a long time. Something to sip I guess. I dont have access to great variety because I'm kind of in the sticks out here.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:50 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

not at all.
on really cold days a nip of fireball whiskey takes the chill off.

casey

ARFE
Old 09-25-2013, 02:06 AM

popperhopper is on a distinguished road

A sip from the flask here or there is no big deal. Now if you are gulping from the flask....well that's another story all together.

The only times I take a pick me up along is when I fish at the farm. It can be a long cold walk back to the farmhouse and the cows ain't much for company.

When I am here in Ohio I don't drink on the river.....too many patrols. Most rivers around my area see a lot of use from the tin can brigade. (canoe rentals...mostly cabrewers...)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2