The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 01:07 PM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about
Default Gallbladder out

Well, I made it through the surgery yesterday and went home the same day. I'm a bit tender by my belly button and right side ribs. It doesn't hurt too bad. No nausea. However, I gave my wife and mother the scare of a lifetime when I was in recovery and pulling a code blue. They said it was a rare reaction to getting put under. I should be back fishing soon though!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:18 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gallbladder out

After I got mine out it only hurt when I laughed...or sneezed or anything like that. I haven't missed it a day since. I feel like that thing tried to kill me.

Glad I didn't code when I came to. I always wake up wanting to fight, ha, like I could take anyone when I feel good let alone when I am fresh out of surgery. Everyone just laughs at me.

I've never yet requested Bumble Bee Tuna after surgery though.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:38 PM

Yeah, it hurts a bit when I laugh or take a deep breath. I haven't sneezed yet thankfully, but hiccups weren't fun.
mridenour likes this.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

J: Good to hear everything turned out ok, I'm sure your family was pretty shaken up with the code Blue.

Larry
mridenour likes this.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:34 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

It's good to know you are recovering something in a week or so a little Fly Fishing should really help.
Cheer & a Fast recovery.
Brian.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:39 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhammer View Post
Well, I made it through the surgery yesterday and went home the same day. I'm a bit tender by my belly button and right side ribs. It doesn't hurt too bad. No nausea. However, I gave my wife and mother the scare of a lifetime when I was in recovery and pulling a code blue. They said it was a rare reaction to getting put under. I should be back fishing soon though!
Dear God! Just saw this and I had mine go sideways while I was in the middle of my vineyard. Don't know if its a requirement here in Oregon but in California no one works alone. If you have to go 'somewhere' (driving a tractor) you have a cell phone on you.

Triming vines or some such when mine went out. Discovered what the word 'pain' was all about. Only good thing is the local fire department was less than a mile away and I'm still talking to the 911 lady and can here the sirens pulling into the yard.

EMT's found me on the ground next to the ATV; into emergency surgery minutes later. The cell phone? Still use the same one 15+ years later.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:15 PM

When I had my most recent gallbladder "attack" before surgery, I also discovered what pain really was. I couldn't stand up straight and had to get a shot of something strong because I almost passed out from the pain. I also developed Jaundice because the little stones were all jammed up in the tubes around the liver. I'm just glad it's said and done. The worst part of this actually has been the gas bubbles around my neck and shoulder from being inflated with air during the procedure.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:26 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear the surgery was a success, despite the scare of coding. Here's to a speedy recovery and hoping you're back out on the water giving the fish a hard time.

mridenour--nice Bumblebee Tuna reference lol.
mridenour likes this.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:01 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Glad to hear it "all came out all right" . Hope your recovery is swift, and you can be on the water soon !
Old 09-25-2013, 08:03 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear the surgery was a success, despite the scare of coding. Here's to a speedy recovery and hoping you're back out on the water giving the fish a hard time.

mridenour--nice Bumblebee Tuna reference lol.