The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 07:27 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watch a Base ball game, something I haven't done in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
siege,the boz & Fred.

We get all of your Baseball & Football Games over here on SKY Channel.
You are all spot on any food at any game always seems better however it's always as "Dear as Poison".
Brian
That's one of the pains of having a Sat Dish as you TV provider. Baseball you can watch for free, any other sport requires another 'fee' for a given channel. Miss my English Premier Games!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:48 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I do like to attend a summer collegiate, Cape Cod League game when I get a chance.
My favorite team of course is the Chatham Anglers

Click the image to open in full size.
theboz, mridenour and siege like this.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:29 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
Went to Busch Stadium Monday night to watch the team I have had the pleasure of following for the last 50 years or so. Even when I don't think our team is all that great, it seems we are headed for the post-season anyway!

One thing is for sure...I get up too early in the morning to spend a weeknight at the ballpark. I'm too old for that shtuff!

Go Cards!
I love baseball. It is the best team sport there is, IMHO.

Of course, I have to root against the Cards! It is a really, really long shot but LET'S GO BUCS!
jaybo41 and mridenour like this.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:52 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by busbus View Post
I love baseball. It is the best team sport there is, IMHO.

Of course, I have to root against the Cards! It is a really, really long shot but LET'S GO BUCS!
Being from St. Louis, they try to cull out the non-baseball fans at birth and send them to Chicago since there is no baseball played there. So most of us here are baseball fans and as babies and toddlers we first adorned the famous STL monogram or the Birds-on-a-bat.

I'm rooting for the Cards BUT I have to admit that I was happy to see the Pirates play strong and stay in the race through the summer. It had to disappointing to see them fade with all that talent the last couple years. They deserve to go as far as they can in this post-season. They are a great team.

I have fond memories of the old funny hats they used to wear and Willie Stargell!

I don't think it is such a longshot! Now if you were a Cub fan....that's a longshot in any season. Sorry for the language (I used the word Cub) but I just had to go there.
busbus likes this.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

My first date with my wife was at a White Sox game. btw.. This video just came across my Facebook feed. Kinda crazy

jaybo41 and mridenour like this.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:07 PM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold

The Pirates are about two or three bats away from being a heck if a team. The pitching stayed with us all year thus time. I think we would be in first place if Wandy were able to come back and we could have sat Locke. And Cole was surprising to me. But it is the offense that needs to come thru more often.

Sorry, not fishing related but speaking of the Cubs, we were in Chicago on vacation and went to a Cubs game when my son was six. He loved it so much that we have tried to go at least once a year to different ball parks--major and minor leagues. Sort have slowed now that he is a senior in college. His biggest thrill was when we went to a minor league game in Indy. That is the Pirates AAA team. We waited out back for the players and he talked to a hunch of them for 2-3 hours.

I love fishing but to see an 11yo kid having the time of his life was priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
fredaevans, jaybo41 and mridenour like this.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:44 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like the Oakland A's is having a banner year. I have watched its AAA team, Sacramento Rivercats, develop some of that talent. I try to get out to a few of the games each season. I sit on the lawn behind the right field fence.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:05 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenflyfishing View Post
My first date with my wife was at a White Sox game. btw.. This video just came across my Facebook feed. Kinda crazy

Evil woman steals ball from little girl (High Quality) - YouTube
Clueless and classless witch!
mridenour likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 09-26-2013, 03:46 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Any fan who'd steal a ball from a kid like that has no idea what the game is about!

My wife's company took the whole local staff to a Boise Hawks game this summer for the company picnic. And catered food-burgers, brats, dogs, soda ++. Even got us the "good" seats on the shady side. (If you sit on the sunny side in August here, you'll fry.)
The hawks are AAA for the Cubs. Baseball is the only sporting event I think I could sit thru. I've got no interest in most sports. I like to tell people-especially people who get all wrapped around the axle about such stuff- that if they don't like the teams playing on TV, just fiddle with the color knob and it can be any team you want. All looks the same to me.
The best baseball game you can watch is the Little League World Series. True Hustle!

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 09-26-2013, 07:50 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Love my baseball and catch some live games most every year . Twins fan so it has been painful recently. My little sis bro-inlaw is the current pitching coach for the Angels. That's been hard to watch too as they under achieve with a stupid huge payroll.