The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Bronco's move to 6/0 !

Joe wasn't called Joe Cool for lack of a better name. How bout the Super Bowl with Cincinnati (Boomer) and the Niner's (Joe Cool)

I have a tape of the first Denver Super Bowl Win and it will be hard to beat that rush that Elway made when the chips were down. I got a chill just typing about it! Remember? the broken play, the desperate run to the right side followed by the turn toward that first down right into 3 defensive players. The hits, the helicoptering flight that JE took but holding on to that ball.....................

I think that everyone knew at that moment that this time JE was not going to go home without the win. I loved watching Montana and Kelly among many other great guys who seemed to always look good even when they lost but 'that play' in that super bowl..... Well that's hard to beat.

What the heck, here it is; Ouch!
fyshstykr likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Darn you Ard!
Watching that just brought all the emotion from that win back to the surface, made my eyes well up and everything. I must be turning into an old sap or something.
Hardyreels likes this.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 10-14-2013, 04:35 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Darn you Ard!
Watching that just brought all the emotion from that win back to the surface, made my eyes well up and everything. I must be turning into an old sap or something.
if you lived here, it'd be The Catch. I see it maybe 100 times a year on local tv and stop what I'm doing to watch it....every time. That's what fans do
fyshstykr likes this.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

I get chills when I talk about it John, you need the season tape so you can relive all the ups & downs. The big snow storm, and of course the migraine headache that took out T. Davis in the first half of 'The Game'.

What a year for Bronco's watchers...........
fyshstykr likes this.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I got it.
Hardyreels likes this.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 10-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Administrator

I started to cry watching that..............

Old 10-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

You big sissy!
Hardyreels likes this.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:15 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold

Prater sets new nfl field goal kicking record 64 yds ! Broncos come from behind and beat Titans 51-28.

They are playing well. The town is happy! Go Broncos.....

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

....and with all due respect it broke Tom Dempsey's record set of 63 in 1970 which I witnessed on TV. Dempsey was born with half a right foot ! A guy I always looked up too...even if he was on the "other" team.

Last edited by calftail; 12-08-2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelled praters name wrong
Old 12-09-2013, 02:59 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all

Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, Boomer Esaison, and John Elway all were starting QBs in the league at about the same time.

Pretty sure they're all in the HOF.

And, not to make too big a point of it, but the rules were different then, with a lot more contact allowed between defenders and receivers. And of course, the rules regarding contact with the QBs today has crossed the line into just plain ridiculous.

All QBs thirty years ago took more punishment than the QBs of today and were tough enough to get up and keep playing.

So when people try to tell me the top QBs today could have outplayed the ones above, I wonder: strip away all these new rules, just how long would Brady last?

Peace.

Oh, and I'm a lifer Chiefs fan, but was happy for JE when he finally got his ring. And not a Peyton fan, but he's probably the best QB in the league, and one of the best all-time. Have to respect that.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark
Old 01-12-2014, 05:16 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold

Hey Dewayne...didn 't know you were in town to root for the Broncos...

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...0000312403.jpg

You're the guy on the right aren't you ?

Manning get's first blood in the end zone via pass
mcnerney likes this.