The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Bronco's move to 6/0 !

Of course this is only an opinion.....................

Ever since free agency cut deep into the heart of many teams I haven't paid too much attention to football. When I was young I remember when the expansion teams came into the AFL. I didn't know much about pro football but I did have a feeling for which team logo and names I liked. That is how I decided which teams to follow.

The west; the west has held a mystical power over the minds of outdoorsmen born in other parts of America since the countries birth and I was no different than millions of others in that regard. So it was 'natural selection' that led me to The Denver Bronco's and The Seattle Sea Hawk's. For you younger fellows, the Sea Hawk's were an AFC team at the beginning.

Talk about being torn, 2 teams, both western division, and I wanted them both to win. I have lived in CO as an adult and even though I have not had a cable TV hookup for almost 11 years, I still try to find out how my Bronco's are doing.

With the Peyton Manning pickup they are on the way back to the top. I always wished for them to snatch up Doug Flutie after John Elway retired but that wasn't to be. I thought to replace John with a mature offensive leader like Doug was the natural thing to do but the folks at Denver headquarters knew better and so they wandered the wilderness for a long time experiencing a few 'flash in the pan' moments but no solid chances for the championship again. Until now.

Go Bronco's

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 10-13-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:03 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bronco's move to 6/0 !

I am not a Broncos fan, but they have always had a solid organization. I am a huge fan of Peyton Manning. Nobody respects the game more than he. He has always spent ridiculous amounts of time in game prep. He has natural ability of course but nobody works harder to be the best.

On a side note, go to youtube and search "Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit"

Peyton fan or not, if it doesn't make you laugh real hard I'll give you your money back.
mcnerney likes this.

Last edited by ia_trouter; 10-13-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

That's funny! and thanks, I made the correction.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

HUGE Bronco fan here, really disliked them as a kid, but watched John Elway @ Stanford and when he finally ended up in Denver.....well, I had no choice but to follow them. Now I bleed blue & orange! I went to atleast a game a year before I got married, afterwards only a few, but thankfully Mrs fysh is a fan also so we've been going to games again the last couple years.

Peyton Manning(imho), when all is said and done will be remembered for many, many years as the greatest QB to ever play. I used to dread the days when the Bronco's faced the Colts, he would destroy our secondary with surgical precision. When he came to Denver, neck surgery(s) and all....I knew we had a bright future once again.

This SNL skits is funny too, especially when you consider how out of character it is for him. I still laugh when I watch it.

As much as I loved watching Elway, I actually enjoy watching Manning even more.
imxer likes this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Last edited by fyshstykr; 10-13-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Administrator

I believe that Peyton is more consistent than JE was. But JE was the best in that first Super Bowl win when the chips were down.
fyshstykr and mcnerney like this.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:29 PM

tx_newb is a jewel in the roughtx_newb is a jewel in the roughtx_newb is a jewel in the rough

Can I be a Broncos fan? It sure is hard cheering for the cowboys....
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Anyone can join the club, Tx

Old 10-13-2013, 08:55 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

A bit off topic, but can anyone name a time when the game has seen this many great QBs wth 5 plus years of incredible performance. Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Eli doesn't have the stats but he is wearing a couple rings. I am old enough to have seen some greats, but don't think there were ever this many at once.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Administrator

How bout when we had Joe Montana - Jim Kelly - John Elway - and back ups like Steve Young - Frank Reish - and Steve Bono waiting in the wings in case of an injury. Things were pretty good then.................... Oh I forgot Troy Aikman at Dallas

Old 10-13-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
How bout when we had Joe Montana - Jim Kelly - John Elway - and back ups like Steve Young - Frank Reish - and Steve Bono waiting in the wings in case of an injury. Things were pretty good then.................... Oh I forgot Troy Aikman at Dallas
Hate to argue against my point but what about Dan Marino? One of the best passers the game has ever seen. Fouts could throw the ball a bit too. Probably mixing up my decades some but point taken.